2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sending kenwrong to columbia to generate club interest I guess is out the window? Selling kiss me quick hats and blackpool rock with rodriguez's name tippexed on was a cracking idea

Wouldve preferred to keep him and utilise him this year before he went on a free, but let’s be honest the writing was on the wall as soon as Benitez signed. Best player I’ve seen play for us, shame it wasn’t in the flesh.

Great summary...

In a way, the Rodríguez saga encapsulates perfectly the two universes of football. In one, you reconcile yourself to your financial realities, trust the data, pick a recruitment strategy and stick to it. In the other, if you get the chance to sign James Rodríguez, you sign James Rodríguez. It was a pipe dream, a childish punt, a beautiful doomed marriage. It was rash and foolish and daring and everyone knew how it was going to end. But you wanted to watch anyway.

Bit of a plantpot?

I had a colleague who wasn't a fan of his having worked a bit with him

Just quite rude really. I was at Uni at the time and had earned the job and we broke for summer, I asked if im still needed he said yea yeah and never heard back again.

Dunno, isnt bad at his job just not the nicest from experience.

Silva certainly pushed for Richarlison, not that it hasn't worked out, and I have a tough time believing we signed Townsend AND Rondon without Benitez having a bunch of power to push for that.

So Silva had 1 player and Rafael has had 2 because we don't have any money and they were free.

I get hes not seen as flexing but he's not going to say no to managers requests if they fit a remit - Richarlison (young, talented, deal can be made). Townsend and Rondon (free due to FFP).

Status
Not open for further replies.