2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Athletic now reporting Bentiez told him early on he wasn't going to play and the club told him they wanted him gone.

Now, I think that view from Benitez could have softened after the window closed (and I think it actually did do), but I don't think James was willing to take the risk.

I don't have an opinion on whether it's right or wrong. James in my view , like any player, has to fight for his place, but he knows what his relationship with Benitez is like and if he thought that however much he played, he wouldn't get a chance, then ultimately it is what it is.

I expect a ton of hit pieces from the usual fanzine writers now about James, and I expect we'll hear something from Mendes/James down the line too. I imagine the truth will be somewhere in the middle. The party I blame the most is the club, though I believe all parties have to shoulder some responsibility.

It's also Qatar, not the UAE. Qatar, about to host one of the most politically contentious but also significant world cups there has been. It's a huge deal. A huge, huge deal, for that league and country.

Why do you think Xavi hasn't hopped off to Barca yet, mate?
I give up now - no reasoning with those that despise Benitez
Just glad the fraud has gone
I’ve left this discussion ?

Well yep but if they're paying him £6m a year (let's say for arguments' sake) then he won't be taking a wage cut.

So, 9 months left on his deal here - you're looking at about £165-175k a week I think, based on some rough maths

Which, honestly, sounds totally plausible.

Dont forget the tax benefits as well.

So with those taken into consideration the nominal fee could well be £500-750k ans the remainder is the wages theyre paying James.

So Silva had 1 player and Rafael has had 2 because we don't have any money and they were free.

I get hes not seen as flexing but he's not going to say no to managers requests if they fit a remit - Richarlison (young, talented, deal can be made). Townsend and Rondon (free due to FFP).
The point is that the managers are clearly being allowed to make decisions in the market and if you're trying to let the DOF establish a policy that will harm that progress.

72DB95EE-3B98-499F-A7FA-A3365BBAAAB3.jpeg

Ricky seems baffled.

It’ll be him next, and people will be happy cos he doesn’t smile when he’s playing.

James Rodriguez in the Premier League last season (Everton Rank)

Big Chances Created | 11 (1st)
Final 3rd Passes | 260 (1st)
Shot-Creating Actions | 72 (2nd)
Expected Assists | 5.4 (1st)
Successful Dribbles | 34 (3rd)

Well at least we have rondon

doesnt matter lad. he doesnt run around doing slidies at the back so hes utterly useless

Extremely disappointed that he has left and we didn’t get the opportunity to see the best of him. It did look like the wrong player at the wrong club at the wrong time. The important thing for the club is how we now use any money his leaving frees up.

Status
Not open for further replies.