2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Benitez supposed to be some master at coaching like you have all been telling us for months?

But he couldn't coach a side worth over a 100 million past a championship side.

When the team didn't work hard under Carlo you slaughtered him for not coaching them. Benitez let's them get away with it too and now you are saying it is the player and fans fault. It's so transparent.

Thats very disingenuous tbh - last season our players couldn't pass a ball after Xmas and were completely one paced playing for 1-0 wins.

We look much better however you can only coach limited players so much.

Carlo is gone mate embrace the new regime

Thats very disingenuous tbh - last season our players couldn't pass a ball after Xmas and were completely one paced playing for 1-0 wins.

No what's disingenuous is making out like Benitez has an impossible task getting above 14th with this squad when you slaughtered Carlo for not getting enough out of them for the entire season last year.

What's disingenuous is making out like James "bunked off" at the end of the season when he was injured per our medical director and allowed to visit his daughter for the first time in a year due to the pandemic.

Did we look much better against QPR than we did last season? I struggle to see how.

No what's disingenuous is making out like Benitez has an impossible task getting above 14th with this squad when you slaughtered Carlo for not getting enough out of them for the entire season last year.

What's disingenuous is making out like James "bunked off" at the end of the season when he was injured per our medical director and allowed to visit his daughter for the first time in a year due to the pandemic.

Did we look much better against QPR than we did last season? I struggle to see how.

So sack Benitez who comes in mate who'll magically make everything so much brighter?

I ask this question and never get an answer because there isn't one.

People are angry because Carlo had taken them for a ride and we only spent pennies this summer because of our DOF has wasted millions on garbage over the years.

Benitez is like a stress ball for you all only once you take a step back and realise that can you come to accept he's our manager, there isn't anyone any better who wants the job so back him or be miserable.

Are you watching Chelsea play every week and just assigning Everton player names to them or something?

I honestly can't work out what you are watching otherwise. A 32 year old Charlie Austin scored twice past us last night.

from the Grauniad
Meanwhile Everton, in the dual grip of Benítez and financial fair play considerations, are a more sensible club these days. They sign sensible, can-do players such as Andros Townsend and Salomón Rondón. They have sensibly kicked their addiction to flighty No 10s who don’t press. They sensibly got knocked out of the Carabao Cup by QPR on Tuesday night. And now they have sensibly offloaded a player who was costing them £1m a month and didn’t know who they were playing at the weekend.

In a way, the Rodríguez saga encapsulates perfectly the two universes of football. In one, you reconcile yourself to your financial realities, trust the data, pick a recruitment strategy and stick to it. In the other, if you get the chance to sign James Rodríguez, you sign James Rodríguez. It was a pipe dream, a childish punt, a beautiful doomed marriage. It was rash and foolish and daring and everyone knew how it was going to end. But you wanted to watch anyway.

I don't know what matches you've been watching mate but one decent through-ball by Doucoure aside, that hasn't changed.

I literally, with my own two eyes, saw Iwobi look up, see two players running at him with no space in between them, and then lash a ball straight into them on the edge of our own box yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.