2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But Everton say he was fit, therefore we deemed him ready to play. Therefore not injured.

Here is the table with a game to go, we needed a result to stand a chance of Europe, regardless of how much we imploded beforehand, there was a chance.

James, who we considered ready, wasn’t anywhere to be seen.

View attachment 139865

So we needed to beat Sheffield United 8-0, and West Ham to lose at Southampton (they won 3-0)

So there wasn't a chance of Europe then?

This is what needs to happen, for the sake of the sanity of the fan base. I never thought we'd appoint Benitez, but he's here now. If he ultimately provides a more watchable brand of togger which gets us somewhere, the health of the club improves. We seem to increasingly live in black or white world where you have to love or hate with no room for common sense, it's doing my nut in.
This all over. He’s here we love Everton don’t love what they do very much but as an Everton fan this has been happening as far back as I can remember. He has balls of steel taking the job in the first place so hats off to him for that. Secondly if he comes in and somehow shakes the voodoo of a trophy or gets us up the table all will be forgotten. If he doesn’t he’ll get sacked if he does then all of a sudden the fans will endear themselves too him. Got to cut the guy a bit of slack regardless of who he’s managed in the past because if it had just been Newcastle and Chelsea the fans wouldn’t be seeing their arses they would be backing him

…that would be suffering from premature evaluation after so few games.
perhaps, it was something the whole fanbase indulged in though a few months ago. But he's also handled a very tricky situation expertly. he's also brought in Townsend and Gray for buttons, probably our best players at the moment. When's the last time we spotted two bargains in the same window? The football is also five times better than last year.

WHAT lol

This is said lineup of "fringe European contender"

Kepa
James
Chalobah
Sarr
Chilwell
Kante (Mount)
RLC
Saul (Lukaku)
CHO
Werner
Ziyech (Barkley)

Total value from transfer fees? ~£370m

That's some B team fringe European contender side isn't it.

Absolute clown sometimes you are.

It's not that good. Chelsea's starters, the RS and the two Manchesters are in a class above. The goal differential numbers reveal that. That lot is in the second tier scratching out results with Tottenham, West Ham, Leicester, Villa, our starters if healthy and whoever else decides to stay healthy and overachieve this season. So far that's looking like Brighton, but it's a little early to tell. I think it was SAF who said that the table doesn't count until November 1.

It's a talented top half side that can finish in the European places, but it'll struggle to score unless you let it have the Chelsea A scorers off the bench. That will cause it to leak a lot of points. There's more to a side than how much you paid for it, as we know all too well.

perhaps, it was something the whole fanbase indulged in though a few months ago. But he's also handled a very tricky situation expertly. he's also brought in Townsend and Gray for buttons, probably our best players at the moment. When's the last time we spotted two bargains in the same window? The football is also five times better than last year.
Not true at all amigo.
1. He has not handled the James situation well , no one comes out of that with any credit.
2. The football is not 5 times better than last season. At the start of the season Ancelotti had us playing wonderful stuff inspired by James who you seem to detest.
Admittedly the second half of the season was dire truly as bad as anything under Allardyce.
In the first few games of Benitez we have seen patches of very good football and some slow turgid stuff. We seem to play in spurts.
3. Townsend and Gray seem like bargains , interesting that you didn't mention Begovic and Rondon.

So a bit of balance from yourself would be nice. Not everything is black and white amigo.

Not true at all amigo.
1. He has not handled the James situation well , no one comes out of that with any credit.he's won us back £12m on a player everyone thought was going to stay and not play
2. The football is not 5 times better than last season. At the start of the season Ancelotti had us playing wonderful stuff inspired by James who you seem to detest. when I say last season, i don't mean the first 5 games, I mean the rest.
Admittedly the second half of the season was dire truly as bad as anything under Allardyce.
In the first few games of Benitez we have seen patches of very good football and some slow turgid stuff. We seem to play in spurts. what, you're expecting total football, after last year??
3. Townsend and Gray seem like bargains , interesting that you didn't mention Begovic and Rondon. Rondon has played one league game so far. Might be a bit early to judge? And they were both free transfers, so, in view of what's gone before, it seems a little uncharitable cos ALL his free transfers haven't blown us away from Day one

So a bit of balance from yourself would be nice. Not everything is black and white amigo.
see above. I suppose I veer towards over enthusiasm on seeing some of the miserable posts on here. We were top of the league on points a week ago, with that squad.

Yes. And sadly so far as competitive , elite football is concerned so are we.
I guess relevance is in the mind to a of the beholder to a point so work away.

He's relevant to everton, we are relevant to the top league and relatively speaking... your attitude could use some positivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.