Match Thread Everton v Norwich City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it extremely ironic that his biggest detractors have the most faith in him getting results?

thinking-emoji.gif

I think I might be inclined to offer Gray the role of a second striker alongside Rondon with Townsend and Gordon out wide
This would mean a floating 4 4 2 formation without what is perceived as a No 10 in the side
Allan and Doucs would be in central midfield with Davies at right back, Keane and Mina in the middle and Godfrey left back
This is of course presuming that Digne is not fit
As far as Simms is concerned I would only inroduce himif we were leading by a few goals, consequently lessening the pressure on him to make any marked difference, but allowing him to gain first team experience

Arsenal only beat them 1-0 at the Emirates with a fully fit squad mate.

We could have 80% possession and batter them but if we have no one to put the ball in the back of the net then every game in this league becomes tough.

If even one of DCL or Richarlison was fit I would be confident of a win but losing both is a massive blow especially with Rondon still not at the fitness level required to really make any difference.
To be fair I think Arsenal had about 30 shots at goal

Arsenal only beat them 1-0 at the Emirates with a fully fit squad mate.

We could have 80% possession and batter them but if we have no one to put the ball in the back of the net then every game in this league becomes tough.

If even one of DCL or Richarlison was fit I would be confident of a win but losing both is a massive blow especially with Rondon still not at the fitness level required to really make any difference.
But rondon works hard and is one of benitez sure fire men.......

Status
Not open for further replies.