2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Becuase he is a Norwich fan, or at least he used to be but I think he has given up on them and moved onto Manchester United
Hahaha

This week, if it hasn't been already made obvious. -They will put themselves as people willing to lie, pretend, make a false reality just full of BS just to pursue this mentally unstable hatred of an everton manager.

Billing us up as having a god giving right that we should be winning at old Trafford. And none of this winning by 2 goals and most shots and chances. None of that fake winning we have been doing. They wan't possession too.

They are unreasonable irrational space cadets. I don't even think they hate benitez. Just like the feeling of saying they do.

Just weird.

Hi all,

Just checking that you all know that we are 6th on the table, equal on points with Man City?

Have kicked out James, Kean, Bernard, Walcott, and a bunch of other wage drainers and have now cleared the ship for a new period of investment. Tosun, Siggurdsson, Kenny and Delph all out at the end of this season.

Our leading scorers are players signed for a combined £1.7m and low wages (something that people have been screaming about - 'diamonds in the rough', 'back to the Moyes era of recruitment' etc..)

We have lost to Aston Villa and QPR because we have been without DCL, Richarlison, Pickford, Coleman plus for part Gbamin, Allan and Mina.

We have just turned soil on a 50k seat revolutionary stadium.

Yes, we have wasted opportunity, yes we should be doing better, but as a wise man once said 'things are never as good as the seem, but they are also never as bad as they seem'.

Take a deep breath, if we can squeeze 3 points out of the next two before the international break, we will be in the Top 8 with our best players to return.
Oh and now we are one point off top (having lost once, to the team that just beat United at Old Trafford). Equal on points with Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United - who all spent over £70m on forwards this summer. We bought Andros Townsend and Demarai Gray for £1.7m

This forum's bi-polar is extraordinary.

The whole "joint 2nd" and "1pt off top"

Weve played 6 games lol its not even a barometer of anything because of the different teams everyone has faced so far. You can only judge your own performances and results at this time.

When things get interesting is at 13games (1/3 of the season) and 19 games (half of the season)

United A
West Ham H
Watford H
Wolves A
Spurs H
City A
Brentford A

I had us down at:
6 games = 14pts
13 games = 24pts

Were one point behind.

I will be happy if we take 11pts from the next 7 games.

Why would you want someone who doesn't follow instructions?

…..I imagine every single player goes onto that pitch with full knowledge of what is expected of them in each particular game. If the crowd noise allows you even hear a manager like Benitez on the pitch instructing every pass, every run, every bit of positioning but sometimes initiative or instinct leads to a goal, a chance or a defensive save.

Some managers treat the game like one of those kiddie’s computer footy games. Benitez is one of those control freaks. It’s not necessarily a bad thing but there has to be room for change & individual decision making in a game. Imagination is important to players, they might see things a little different in a game.

I think he’s a good coach, I like some of the individual comments from players (especially strikers), but he is certainly a micro-manager type.

Last edited:

He’s beaten some terrible opponents considering all bar won are winless so far so he’s done what’s expected of him.

Most of the performances have been poor as well so I’m only hoping that winning these games is instilling a winning mentality in the group.

….definitely a micro-manager who wants to control every moment on the pitch. I’ve seen that before, it’s why he wants players around him he controls.

Micro-manager. Not necessarily a bad thing but it doesn’t allow much room for mavericks or somebody who doesn’t follow the instructions.
Not the style of manager I’ve enjoyed working for in my career.
However he, more than anyone (in premier league football management) lives and dies by his results therefore I would totally understand why anyone in his position would have that style if they are trying to change the fortunes of the club and the mentality of those players.
I suppose I don’t understand why on their sort of salary and pressure you’d have the opppsite style of “go out and express yourselves” instructions which we reportedly had before especially when it wasn’t going so well.

He’s beaten some terrible opponents considering all bar won are winless so far so he’s done what’s expected of him.
that’s what the best teams do, and why we didn’t finish top 6 last season… those losses to the worst teams in the league last year stuck in the throat .. it wasn’t just that we lost we weren’t even competing.

Yes the tough games are coming, but winning the games you should makes them far less daunting when they approach.

Not the style of manager I’ve enjoyed working for in my career.
However he, more than anyone (in premier league management) lives and dies by his results therefore I would totally understand why anyone in his position would have that style if they are trying to change the fortunes of the club and the mentality of those players.
I suppose I don’t understand why on their sort of salary and pressure you’d have the opppsite style of “go out and express yourselves” instructions which we reportedly had before especially when it wasn’t going so well.

…it’s a really good analogy, folk will recognise the different types of Manager from their own lives/careers.

I’m sure all managers give instruction but some will go to the lowest level of detail, virtually trying to manage every pass from the touchline. I think Benitez is that type, it probably explains why he and Rodriguez clashed, it probably explains why he wants to bring in certain types of player in.

Its the way he is, not all of the players will like it but I think they will enjoy the thoroughness of preparation for games.

…..I imagine every single player goes onto that pitch with full knowledge of what is expected of them in each particular game. If the crowd noise allows you even hear a manager like Benitez on the pitch instructing every pass, every run, every bit of positioning but sometimes initiative or instinct leads to a goal, a chance or a defensive save.

Some managers treat the game like one of those kiddie’s computer footy games. Benitez is one of those control freaks. It’s not necessarily a bad thing but there has to be room for change & individual decision making in a game. Imagination is important to players, they might see things a little different in a game.

I think he’s a good coach, I like some of the individual comments from players (especially strikers), but he is certainly a micro-manager type.

Generally speaking, the better the quality of the players, the less micro-management required. That's what Ancelotti couldn't seem able to grasp, and why ultimately Benitez' style of management suits us better in the short to medium-term. He is dealing with lots of players here that have limited ability and a limited footballing brain, no disrespect to them. They need to be told what ,when, and how for 90 minutes.

The whole "joint 2nd" and "1pt off top"

Weve played 6 games lol its not even a barometer of anything because of the different teams everyone has faced so far. You can only judge your own performances and results at this time.

When things get interesting is at 13games (1/3 of the season) and 19 games (half of the season)

United A
West Ham H
Watford H
Wolves A
Spurs H
City A
Brentford A

I had us down at:
6 games = 14pts
13 games = 24pts

Were one point behind.

I will be happy if we take 11pts from the next 7 games.
What is interesting is

1st time we won the first 3 home games in 31 years

…it’s a really good analogy, folk will recognise the different types of Manager from their own lives/careers.

I’m sure all managers give instruction but some will go to the lowest level of detail, virtually trying to manage every pass from the touchline. I think Benitez is that type, it probably explains why he and Rodriguez clashed, it probably explains why he wants to bring in certain types of player in.

Its the way he is, not all of the players will like it but I think they will enjoy the thoroughness of preparation for games.
Agreed. My boy has changed teams and he loves the preparation before each game of his new coaches and hated the disorganised shambles at the last one.
Horses for courses I’d say.
Regarding RB he probably thinks if I can’t change that player then I’ll change the player for a different one!!

Most of the performances have been poor as well so I’m only hoping that winning these games is instilling a winning mentality in the group.
1st manager in 31 years to win the 1st 3 home games. Didn’t want him but you can’t argue with that

Generally speaking, the better the quality of the players, the less micro-management required. That's what Ancelotti couldn't seem able to grasp, and why ultimately Benitez' style of management suits us better in the short to medium-term. He is dealing with lots of players here that have limited ability and a limited footballing brain, no disrespect to them. They need to be told what ,when, and how for 90 minutes.

….I think it’s a little unfair to say he’s dealing with players with ‘limited football brain’. I’m sure the majority of players are bright in that respect. Forensic attention to detail and thorough one-on-one discussions.

He’s likely to come to a quick assessment of individuals & is unlikely to change his mind. If you’re not a favourite, I think you’ll know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.