2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez also has a squad worth over £50m more than Allardyce had which will also likely only grow in value as he's here. I'm not here to defend Big Sam or any manager we've had previously but saying a manager has had a only a certain amount to spend is irrelevent really when Benitez has had the best first 11 available to him since Koeman if not better than that.
Yeah that's absolute nonsense mate. How can you judge him properly based on players he hasn't bought? How is this side better than the side Carlos had last season with the best player in the world ever available?

The First team is competitive, or should be, but the squad has zero depth. I agree with you about the wage bill being a good barometer of where you should finish but we've handled that as badly as transfer fees.

Im not sure whether it is. The first 11 still most likely has Coleman and Keane in it. I’m not sure any other premier league team would have these players. We’ve had some decent results this season but over estimating our players is something we do far too much.

As well as some of them have played we can’t get past that Gray and Townsend couldn’t get in the Palace and Leicester teams regularly. Iwobi was unwanted at the weakest Arsenal team in prem history. All our centrebacks have issues and maybe only Godfrey would play any higher.

We have some strength across the first team (DCL, Richarlisonc, Allan, Docuoure, Digne, Gray) but there is still major work needed to the first 11 and then to what is still a shambles of a squad that’s constantly injury prone and short of quality.

Fortunately we now seem to have a competent manager to keep us solid whilst we do this rebuild unlike previous ones who couldn’t stop relegation spirals every second season.

Im not sure whether it is. The first 11 still most likely has Coleman and Keane in it. I’m not sure any other premier league team would have these players. We’ve had some decent results this season but over estimating our players is something we do far too much.

As well as some of them have played we can’t get past that Gray and Townsend couldn’t get in the Palace and Leicester teams regularly. Iwobi was unwanted at the weakest Arsenal team in prem history. All our centrebacks have issues and maybe only Godfrey would play any higher.

We have some strength across the first team (DCL, Richarlisonc, Allan, Docuoure, Digne, Gray) but there is still major work needed to the first 11 and then to what is still a shambles of a squad that’s constantly injury prone and short of quality.

Fortunately we now seem to have a competent manager to keep us solid whilst we do this rebuild unlike previous ones who couldn’t stop relegation spirals every second season.

This is the important bit - Koeman and Silva didnt command the dressing room and had some awful players which was always a fatal cocktail.

Benitez is bringing in players with the right mentality like Townsend and is too pragmatic to see us in any relegation battle.

Like Ancelotti he has a job until he decides he's had enough and I'm happy with that as I think he'll leave whoever follows him with a much stronger and reliable squad than the one he inherited.

But again is that every season?

Moyes never finished in Europe every season should we have sacked him?

We've managed to qualify for Europe 1x in 5 years therefore you want us run like Watford sacking managers every 5 seconds.
Moyes also had one of the lowest budgets in league, whereas ours is in the top 7. And at no point did I say to sack Benitez, merely that if he does not finish 8th or 7th, he's failed, like how Ancelotti failed with his 10ths and 12ths.

Moyes also had one of the lowest budgets in league, whereas ours is in the top 7. And at no point did I say to sack Benitez, merely that if he does not finish 8th or 7th, he's failed, like how Ancelotti failed with his 10ths and 12ths.

Our budget isn't top 7.

We spent the 20th lowest in the league.

Come back to me next summer and that may change!

If I bought a dog, dressed it up in an Everton shirt & paid it £150 million a year, would you expect us to win the league considering the ''wage bill''?
It's the quality of the players that should be considered, not the weight of the wage bill.
lol managers do a lot mate but most of the time your spending determines where you finish. We spend a lot on wages and transfers apart from this season so therefore we should be aiming higher than survival or mid table or whatever is being argued rn.

Our budget isn't top 7.

We spent the 20th lowest in the league.

Come back to me next summer and that may change!
again, according to wage spending we are 7th
2021-09-22 16_25_48-EPL 2021-2022 Payroll Wages Tracker _ Spotrac.png

'free' transfers are cheaper than big money signings but even then they command some money. We are saving money but our budget indicates we should be competing for European places at the very least.

Two posts later some posters preferred Hughton....
View attachment 140102View attachment 140102
First up, your a mealy mouthed little coward for not tagging me. Second, that isn't me suggesting Steve Bruce, it is me pointing out that Steve Bruce did just as well as Benitez at Newcastle and that I didn't want either of them. Still don't. Keep trying, though, eventually you'll have a point about something. We're all on tenterhooks.

again, according to wage spending we are 7th
View attachment 140134
'free' transfers are cheaper than big money signings but even then they command some money. We are saving money but our budget indicates we should be competing for European places at the very least.

Why does wages matter lad when you clearly know we have big earners like Siggurdsson, Toshun, Delph, Gbamin etc signed from previous managers/regimes who offer us nothing?

Its a nonsense argument if you want to judge the manager judge him on what he has to spend on his own players and performances but dont point to Siggurdsson being on 120k a week as a reason as to why we should be finishing top 7 as its nonsense.

We all know the clubs been mismanaged for years - yet some are only arsed about judging the fella who has been here 5 minutes...

Benitez also has a squad worth over £50m more than Allardyce had which will also likely only grow in value as he's here. I'm not here to defend Big Sam or any manager we've had previously but saying a manager has had a only a certain amount to spend is irrelevent really when Benitez has had the best first 11 available to him since Koeman if not better than that.

Our squad is not worth what we spent on it. Are you trying to say that Iwobi is a £35m quality player?

Why does wages matter lad when you clearly know we have big earners like Siggurdsson, Toshun, Delph, Gbamin etc signed from previous managers/regimes who offer us nothing?

Its a nonsense argument if you want to judge the manager judge him on what he has to spend on his own players and performances but dont point to Siggurdsson being on 120k a week as a reason as to why we should be finishing top 7 as its nonsense.

We all know the clubs been mismanaged for years - yet some are only arsed about judging the fella who has been here 5 minutes...
I don't really understand your point, do you honestly think with our full squad we are not capable of finishing top half with an decent shot at Europe? that's not only what our budget indicates, it's likely the expectation. If Everton finish 15th, he'll be sacked. If Carlo didn't get Europe this season he would've been sacked and who knows what might've happened if he had continued into this season

Status
Not open for further replies.