2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Like don't get me wrong. We were in the bottom 3 on form for the second part last season. We were on a downward spiral and then we went and added 1.5 million to that in the summer and no James. I wasn't exactly thinking relegation but I had deep concerns. Outspent by 19 clubs massively after showing relegation form for the second half of the season.

After the friendly the relegation shouts where in abundance from the Benitez haters. We now find ours a point off top 6 games in. And all of a sudden it's 'ah we should be beating them teams'..... like even a good everton side would ever takes advantage of a good run of fixtures ever never minnd this one, like, you know that's unreasonable?

The cockwomblification is off the Richter.

So do you think he micro managed Townsend’s goal against Burnley or do you think Townsend made an individual decision, if so according to you he must of got one hell of a rollicking after the game.

….ha, ha. He’s encouraging both midfielders to get in central areas, that is terrific coaching & something I’ve pointed out on here for many years. He’d have been delighted with the Townsend goal, just as he’d be delighted with his tap in at QPR.

You misunderstand my use of the term ‘micro manage’. Watch games of football at any decent level & see the different ways Managers coach. Some will try and manage almost every situation on the pitch, instructing who players should pass it to etc. Benitez is one of those. He’s forensic, he micro manages.

I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, I’m not saying players can’t unleash a shot from 30 yards. Benitez wants control. You probably recognise the trait from your own private/work life. It’s the way he is, it probably explains why him & Rodriguez clashed.

….ha, ha. He’s encouraging both midfielders to get in central areas, that is terrific coaching & something I’ve pointed out on here for many years. He’d have been delighted with the Townsend goal, just as he’d be delighted with his tap in at QPR.

You misunderstand my use of the term ‘micro manage’. Watch games of football at any decent level & see the different ways Managers coach. Some will try and manage almost every situation on the pitch, instructing who players should pass it to etc. Benitez is one of those. He’s forensic, he micro manages.

I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, I’m not saying players can’t unleash a shot from 30 yards. Benitez wants control. You probably recognise the trait from your own private/work life. It’s the way he is, it probably explains why him & Rodriguez clashed.
It all depends on the players you have. For example DCL will do well under Benitez as he follows instructions well. I'm not sure if Richarlison will, but he works hard and is keen to improve so maybe. Historically the rs had the fancy Dan players and we have been a team that is better than the sum of its parts. Even the best team of my life was called a team of no stars by Bobby Robson. If we get back to that it's no bad thing.

I found the ‘behind the scenes’ video on YouTube from the match quite interesting, the togetherness of the team and relationship the player seem to have with Benitez was interesting. Possibly selective editing but seemed to be a real unity with them all.

I found the ‘behind the scenes’ video on YouTube from the match quite interesting, the togetherness of the team and relationship the player seem to have with Benitez was interesting. Possibly selective editing but seemed to be a real unity with them all.
Yes comrade. Very useful editing by the bureau indeed

Like don't get me wrong. We were in the bottom 3 on form for the second part last season. We were on a downward spiral and then we went and added 1.5 million to that in the summer and no James. I wasn't exactly thinking relegation but I had deep concerns. Outspent by 19 clubs massively after showing relegation form for the second half of the season.

After the friendly the relegation shouts where in abundance from the Benitez haters. We now find ours a point off top 6 games in. And all of a sudden it's 'ah we should be beating them teams'..... like even a good everton side would ever takes advantage of a good run of fixtures ever never minnd this one, like, you know that's unreasonable?

The cockwomblification is off the Richter.
I think people are missing one important thing. The ghost is no longer with us. Clearly a curse blighting the club, now lifted. Begone Icelandic vampire, begone!

It all depends on the players you have. For example DCL will do well under Benitez as he follows instructions well. I'm not sure if Richarlison will, but he works hard and is keen to improve so maybe. Historically the rs had the fancy Dan players and we have been a team that is better than the sum of its parts. Even the best team of my life was called a team of no stars by Bobby Robson. If we get back to that it's no bad thing.

…absolutely, I imagine DCL will be ideal for Benitez to manage. Richarlison is uncomplicated & I suspect Benitez is perfectly happy with how he plays. Benitez won’t stifle flair, he’ll welcome players who make a difference but he will be demanding & he will be down their ear.

Some players won’t like the constant it, especially if you’re playing full back or winger on the side of the dug out. I imagine the younger lads coming through will welcome working with Benitez & vice versa, not sure that would apply to Kean.

I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, I’m not saying players can’t unleash a shot from 30 yards. Benitez wants control. You probably recognise the trait from your own private/work life. It’s the way he is, it probably explains why him & Rodriguez clashed

Ha ha I thought he was encouraging crosses into the box from the wingers. I thought that was his whole ethos. I think you may have mis-read his philosophy. It’s like work if someone tells you to do this and you do that, you usually get told to do it their way. Anyway my point is you cannot micro manage footballers like robots that you elude to, it is not that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.