2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all condemn drink driving , but when I started driving first there was a completely different attitude towards drink driving and it took many of us a long time to adapt to just not driving if you have any drink taken. I certainly am not in a position to judge him.

Gbamin made a mistake, he has paid the price and apologised, I don't think there is much more that he can do.
Just let him get on with his job and his life.
It was daft mate, and could have been much worse. Bentiez won't have been happy about it, he doesn't drink a drop. That being said, the club will have known about this incident so it'll be nothing new to them. Clearly Benitez wasn't so concerned that he didn't play him v Huddersfield or have him in the squads. All this happened before the first game of the season.

The person he crashed into sounds like a proper grass, mind.

I think we all condemn drink driving , but when I started driving first there was a completely different attitude towards drink driving and it took many of us a long time to adapt to just not driving if you have any drink taken. I certainly am not in a position to judge him.

Gbamin made a mistake, he has paid the price and apologised, I don't think there is much more that he can do.
Just let him get on with his job and his life.
Thing is he's earning enough to employ his own chauffeur with a stretch limo. The lad driving to his basic wage job the morning after a session might have the slimmest excuse but him,no!

You'd hope so,any sympathy I had for him is gone. Get rid.

It happened before the season even started. He's played and been in squads when fit since then.

So no, we aren't suddenly going to sack him (because the club will have known about this) and no, we wouldn't be able to either.

It happened before the season even started. He's played and been in squads when fit since then.

So no, we aren't suddenly going to sack him (because the club will have known about this) and no, we wouldn't be able to either.
That just shows that the contracts we sign players on are a joke, anybody who's lost family or friends to a drunk driver will be very unhappy, understandably.

That just shows that the contracts we sign players on are a joke, anybody who's lost family or friends to a drunk driver will be very unhappy, understandably.

He was probably 1 drinks' worth over the limit. I know, it's over the limit. I mean, the limit is like a pint (or less, isn't it?). He wasn't on a road rampage.

He's an idiot for doing it. There was no need for him to be doing anything at 5am. And he's been punished and the club will also (or probably already have done) punished him too.

But, there's absolutely no precedent for players being sacked by clubs for scratching paintwork on another car while being over the limit. Would you expect to be fired from an office job if you were banned from driving for speeding or being slightly over the limit? Unless your job depends on you driving, then no. Any employer would be on very iffy legal ground.

Ultimately these contracts that players sign are still contracts of employment. They still follow the basic rules. He'll be rightly punished by the club because there is so much money in those contracts that clubs have levers to hand out fines etc. In a normal job, you're not going to get docked your wages.

In 2019, Romero who was at Utd and loads wanted here crashed his super car on the motorway, having been going at a ludicrous speed. He wasn't even taken to court. I'm sure Utd fined him but there was never any talk of his contract being ripped up.

No player's representative is going to let their client sign a contract that has a one strike and you're out policy for minor offences. And ultimately, this is what this is. I'm not condoning it, not defending it in any way. My ex girlfriend lost her mum to a speeding driver. It's horrid.

TT RS has 480 Nm torque. Top speed 280. Q8 RS has 800 Nm. Ever tried a A6 Rs?
Well I would hope that the Q8 has more torque as it is around a tonne heavier lol That's why performance wise they're practically neck and neck to a TTRS. My brother's Impreza Cosworth is running at around 600lb/f, which is over 800nm, but he wouldn't for one minute call it a supercar. Because there's more to a supercar than power. Look I'm not denying that the Q8 RS's are exceptionally quick, I'm just saying that it's not a supercar. It has supercar performance, but it isn't a supercar. All the various RS models are rapid, but none of them are supercars.

Gbamin is bad for drink driving.

He was probably 1 drinks' worth over the limit. I know, it's over the limit. I mean, the limit is like a pint (or less, isn't it?). He wasn't on a road rampage.

He's an idiot for doing it. There was no need for him to be doing anything at 5am. And he's been punished and the club will also (or probably already have done) punished him too.

But, there's absolutely no precedent for players being sacked by clubs for scratching paintwork on another car while being over the limit. Would you expect to be fired from an office job if you were banned from driving for speeding or being slightly over the limit? Unless your job depends on you driving, then no. Any employer would be on very iffy legal ground.

Ultimately these contracts that players sign are still contracts of employment. They still follow the basic rules. He'll be rightly punished by the club because there is so much money in those contracts that clubs have levers to hand out fines etc. In a normal job, you're not going to get docked your wages.

No player's representative is going to let their client sign a contract that has a one strike and you're out policy for minor offences. And ultimately, this is what this is. I'm not condoning it, not defending it in any way. My ex girlfriend lost her mum to a speeding driver. It's horrid.
I haven't read the article but it could be one drink or double the limit, whatever he didn't have control of the car so he must have been pretty far gone. Club couldn't do anything until the courts found him guilty,bit like our other nameless player. Hopefully we can hoof both (and that's not about finances).

I haven't read the article but it could be one drink or double the limit, whatever he didn't have control of the car so he must have been pretty far gone. Club couldn't do anything until the courts found him guilty,bit like our other nameless player. Hopefully we can hoof both (and that's not about finances).

He'd already entered a guilty plea, the courts didn't find him guilty.

Steven pienaar was found guilty of drink driving in 2010 and the club did not terminate his contract.

Does Brands just turn a blind eye when it comes to the personality of the players we're scouting? Another basic box of his job left unchecked, the guy is genuinely a massive inept fraud and he has been awarded with a new contract and a place on the board. The club is run by clueless dossers and we'll forever be irrelevant until they're all sacked.

Does Brands just turn a blind eye when it comes to the personality of the players we're scouting? Another basic box of his job left unchecked, the guy is genuinely a massive inept fraud and he has been awarded with a new contract and a place on the board. The club is run by clueless dossers and we'll forever be irrelevant until they're all sacked.

I'm not Brands' biggest fan but how on earth have you found a way to tilt the narrative towards him here?

Status
Not open for further replies.