2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always funny when people act like because fans appreciate what stats add to the game that means they don't watch it or have opinions and viewpoints not based on them. Like "yeah I like the sport enough to read boring numbers but not enough to actually watch anyone play." Just complete nonsense every single time.
It's not nonsense every time. Nate Silver, the father of PECOTA, says he doesn't like watching baseball (and I don't blame him).

Diving is part of the game. What he needs to do is get better at making it look real, not stop.
Diving should be a booking then a sending off. Diving got to a point of virtually destroying the game. Only this season have refs started to ignore it and let the game go on and it is much better for it. Many people of a certain vintage (like myself) were really losing interest.

Diving should be a booking then a sending off. Diving got to a point of virtually destroying the game. Only this season have refs started to ignore it and let the game go on and it is much better for it. Many people of a certain vintage (like myself) were really losing interest.

Diving as always been there, no worse than it was 30-40 years ago. Just every decision in every match decision is dissected from every camera angle now. Back then we’d see highlights from 2 or 3 games on MOTD and, if we were lucky, their might be a live game on. The assumption was that it didn’t happen when it was just that no one seen it happen. Diving isn’t/wasn’t destroying the game, the officials and rulemakers & how they define a dive were. Franny Lee was famous for it, Martin Peters famously admitted to doing it for England at Wembley. It’s always been there. But Klinsmann gets credited for him bringing it onto these shores. Lineker was good at it, Kane is shocking for it, Sterling, Rooney, Shearer, etc etc. English players don’t get demonised for it. Foreigners do, Richarlison Is no worse than Kane/ Grealish etc. They win free kicks, Richarlison cheats.

It why I enjoy the Big Match Revisited.
Real football,no prima donna nonsense. Us v Spurs the other day,on the break for Latchford to score the winner Ross has his shirt pulled by Jones so lashed his arm across his chest, nobody went to ground or rolled over holding their face.

Diving as always been there, no worse than it was 30-40 years ago. Just every decision in every match decision is dissected from every camera angle now. Back then we’d see highlights from 2 or 3 games on MOTD and, if we were lucky, their might be a live game on. The assumption was that it didn’t happen when it was just that no one seen it happen. Diving isn’t/wasn’t destroying the game, the officials and rulemakers & how they define a dive were. Franny Lee was famous for it, Martin Peters famously admitted to doing it for England at Wembley. It’s always been there. But Klinsmann gets credited for him bringing it onto these shores. Lineker was good at it, Kane is shocking for it, Sterling, Rooney, Shearer, etc etc. English players don’t get demonised for it. Foreigners do, Richarlison Is no worse than Kane/ Grealish etc. They win free kicks, Richarlison cheats.
Franny Lee hey there’s a blast from the past. in the 70’s Man. City had a player called Francis Lee, he had diving down to a fine art, then, when the penalty was awarded, he would get up and score from the spot himself. In the results section of the sports pages you would often see scorers, Lee 2 (1 pen) which earned him the nickname Lee One Pen. The Chinese diver. So yeah, diving to get free kicks and pens has been around a long time.

It why I enjoy the Big Match Revisited.
Real football,no prima donna nonsense. Us v Spurs the other day,on the break for Latchford to score the winner Ross has his shirt pulled by Jones so lashed his arm across his chest, nobody went to ground or rolled over holding their face.

Now that was football in those days.

Sorry Mate. You are not entirely accurate.
Of course there has always been cheating to an extent, it was not that common. If you played football in the earlier days then if somebody tried to knock you down, the idea was not to let them. That was true at all levels in the UK. First person I can remember who did it often and very well was Michael Owen. I demonise the British just as much as anybody nowadays but it was definitely not common before the influx of the continental game. Even the kids in school replicate it now.

Imagine talking about diving and not mentioning gerrard....... Richarlison gets booted. Nobody would dare boot mr lfc england other than in a derby

Thanks. Maybe it's better in the stadium thread. My point was there isn't millions to be made by Usamov/Mosh from wider property development at the docks.

Of course both are in it for the money/prestige in a more general sense
If you think Moshiri / Usmanov are not going to make money on the docks then you are seriously mistaken @roydo
This was the game plan all along
Dots being joined and all that

There’s no doubting Richardson does get volleyed in games the problem is he also goes down too easily. I think it was in the Burnley game when the ball came to him and he must have been expecting a Burnley player to come at him from behind so he just fell to the floor, the problem for him was the nearest Burnley player to him was about 5 yards away! It’s doing things like that why he doesn’t always get the genuine fouls on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.