2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drink-driving is a heinous crime because of the sheer oblivious contempt a perpetrator has for the rest of society. It's also utterly needless - and it is this needlessness that magnifies the contempt. In these people's minds, their "need" or oblivious entitlement to drive when drunk totally trumps societal safety. It's a sociopathic act. It opens a window into the worldview of these people.

Thankfully nobody was hurt - even Gbamin, amazingly - in this incident. But the club is, essentially, without standards if it tolerates this kind of thing. It's been clear for a while that this transfer has utterly failed. People have had to be patient with the player who, through no fault of his own, has basically been a liability since he signed. But I can't see why anybody would feel the need to extend that patience now. Realpolitik probably means the club perseveres, but from a fan's perspective, it'll be hard, rightly or wrongly, to support a fella like this in the shirt, or more accurately in this case, on the treatment table. What a collection we seem to have gathered at Everton these days. Between drink-drivers, anti-vaxxers, and expensive and under-investigation former Swansea City players, we're hard to like right now.

Drink-driving is a heinous crime because of the sheer oblivious contempt a perpetrator has for the rest of society. It's also utterly needless - and it is this needlessness that magnifies the contempt. In these people's minds, their "need" or entitlement to drive when drunk totally trumps societal safety. It's a sociopathic act. It opens a window into the worldview of these people.
Drunk people do very, very stupid things.

Aint no drunk person ever made a good call.

Its not a great thing to do, but I think calling them sociopaths is a bit harsh.

Its not a great thing to do, but I think calling them sociopaths is a bit harsh.
I didn't call him a sociopath. I said the act was sociopathic. Regardless, I have zero tolerance for this and no respect for anybody engaging in it. Too many people have been maimed or killed or bereaved by this kind of anti-social behaviour.

I once booked a flight when I was steaming then found out at the airport I had a 14 hour stop over in Abu Dhabi airport. Was intensely boring. Think I commented on every single thread on here and signed up for theevertonforum

Drink-driving is a heinous crime because of the sheer oblivious contempt a perpetrator has for the rest of society. It's also utterly needless - and it is this needlessness that magnifies the contempt. In these people's minds, their "need" or oblivious entitlement to drive when drunk totally trumps societal safety. It's a sociopathic act. It opens a window into the worldview of these people.

Thankfully nobody was hurt - even Gbamin, amazingly - in this incident. But the club is, essentially, without standards if it tolerates this kind of thing. It's been clear for a while that this transfer has utterly failed. People have had to be patient with the player who, through no fault of his own, has basically been a liability since he signed. But I can't see why anybody would feel the need to extend that patience now. Realpolitik probably means the club perseveres, but from a fan's perspective, it'll be hard, rightly or wrongly, to support a fella like this in the shirt, or more accurately in this case, on the treatment table. What a collection we seem to have gathered at Everton these days. Between drink-drivers, anti-vaxxers, and expensive and under-investigation former Swansea City players, we're hard to like right now.

I did say pay him off.

I see the morality police are still lurking about. The lad make a mistake, got the correct punishment and had a talking to/fine from the club, end of matter. If it was anything more serious he wouldn’t have played or been a squad option between the Southampton and Burnley games
If it was a player people "liked", people wouldnt want his contract cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.