Everton Youth Teams Thread

I’ve been thinking about our academy a bit lately, I know it’s the U/23’s that cop the brunt of the blame around the clubs inability to develop key first team players.

However, the genuine gun players and young stars usually break into squads and starting line ups when they’re aged between 16 and 19.

I’m not saying our U/23 system isn’t in need flr some significant changes but I think our issues start well before that.

now we are outside the EU the Germany moves won't happen until 18.
Interesting Athletic article (survey of agents) about the effect of this - apparently it wasn't on the original list of questions but was brought up by quite a few agents. Man City switching youth recruitment from Europe to South America, problems with the pathway for Irish youngsters who traditionally go to England, complicated FA points system for youth transfers, etc.

Its 3rd place Burnley playing home to 7th placed Everton u18s today 11am kick off, with the winners if any going 2nd for a few hours, Everton are looking for there 3rd league win in a row something they have not done for 2 and a bit years when they won 4 in a row spread over 2 seasons, it was a year ago tomorrow that Everton u18s came from 2 down to win 3-2 at Burnley

Everton u18s team [TBC as different teams everywhere again]

Leban, Mallon, Tierney, Jones, Wright, Melcalfe, Barker, Apter, Heath, Sherif, Lawrence
Subs Graham, Coughlan, Djankpata, Smikle-James, Ebere

Last edited:
Lost Cho and a GK to Schalke too.

The poaching tends to happen 15-18, now we are outside the EU the Germany moves won't happen until 18.

But I'd say every player agent of the elite youth is telling them to shop around rather than automatically signing with the club they've been trained at.

We'll see far more of the Livramento type moves too. Sold with buybacks after the first pro contract.

You mean Daniel Rose, he was behind a lot of other young goalkeepers in the pecking order.

1 academy youngster starts and 4 on the bench again today. First involvement for Whitaker. Still could've squeezed one more in but for Lonergan
Well deserved call up for Whitaker on his form this season, his workrate has been higher than Dobbin or Cannon’s . It May be too early for him today , but he seems like a Benitez type of player , someone who can attack, score but drop back and put the tackles in too.

Dont forget as well that the Everton u23s who are 2nd bottom are in action away to 6th placed west ham at 3pm, that game is not on TV etc, before a 16 day league break