Everton Youth Teams Thread

Everton actually have a huge opportunity to become the go to place for youngsters given (1) the age gaps in the squad (2) the lack of transfer budget for the next 2 years at least.

Brands should be full time on making that happen imho.

Everton u23s team v West Ham 3pm - They finally just put the team up lol

Barrett, Butterfield, Astley, Welch, Price, John, Hunt, Campbell, Hughes, Mills, Kouyate,
subs Stewart, Anderson, McAllister, Warrington, Cannon

Everton actually have a huge opportunity to become the go to place for youngsters given (1) the age gaps in the squad (2) the lack of transfer budget for the next 2 years at least.

Brands should be full time on making that happen imho.
Indeed. But my biggest disappointment with Brands is that he hasn’t been making this happen . Everybody in our u18 and U23s squad today has been with us from at least 16 years of age, nobody has been brought into those teams from outside. (I know we have Jagne and Okoronkwo not involved today) . We’re just not competing with other clubs to become this “ go to place” .

For years we’ve known we have an issue with Right Back in the first team , but we've never brought in a young right back to move on up. In the QPR game when our ex player Duke- Mckenna scored his penalty, I thought “ Ah yes, another speedy right footer we tried at right back in our u18s” . That seems to be our only strategy , to try to convert someone who’s quick and right footed, John, Quirk , Mills all originally midfielders have been tried at RB and it seems the only natural RBs we have are Mallon and Quintyne. Yet we are no nearer solving the issue, letting players like Livramento pass us by and making half hearted offers for the two young RB s at Rangers and Aberdeen . It’s a frustration that I’m resigned to .