Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t making it up .. but I did get that number from on here so I am happy if that figure is incorrect ..
To be honest nobody really know who is on what but you can work a few things out with logic. For example I've often though Siggy was our top wage thief, mainly because if you pay 45m he wants 45m wages, i can also see Pickford being high as well, but other players not so much. Townsend for example, i bet he is low, a unfashionable player who seemed to be forgotten about, basically cheap, could be one reason why he wants to prove people wrong.

Klassen was just light weight and too slow to be effective in the premier league.
Donny appears quicker, more physical and is more tenacious then klassen was would defo have a punt at a loan

That's why I thought Ainsley Maitland Niles was a good option. I know people had doubts about him but he's got good athleticism and can cover full back and midfield.
I really rate him. Gotta feel for the lad who said he just wants to go somewhere to play and Arteta convinced him that he was in his plans. Think out of 7 league games he has started one and subbed like 2 due to injury.

Rondon was on six figures a week in China, there is no way he will be one of our lowest paid players, stop making stuff up.
Rondon desperately wanted to get away from China and back to the Premiership.
He was hardly a striker in demand. , there is no way he is on 100k.
I would guess he is on half that.

Apart from anything else we could not spend this summer because of the size of our wage bill. I had a quick look at the players that left in 2021 and would conservatively say we saved about 40m on wages from players leaving.
I would guess that the players we signed will cost about 12m to 15 tops.

We also will save an additional 8m plus when Sigurdsson and Tosun leave some time in the next ten months.

After having a summer of belt tightening I doubt that we then lashed money on free transfers like Begovic, Lonergan, Rondon and Townsend.

Status
Not open for further replies.