Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Just googled st michael's mount it looks beautiful. Do people live there?? Very like the french mont saint Michel.Is there a connection between the 2??
Here cometh the Cornwall history lesson.

I've actually been to both mate. The Normandy version is massive by comparison, and I think they were both originally owned by the same group of monks, hence the same name. Somewhere along the way the Cornish version was reclaimed by the English and it's been lived in by the same family for about 5 hundred years. But the land and property itself is now owned by the National trust and anybody can visit. It's a bit of a hike up to the top but well worth it.

I was booked to go and see my grandson for the first time but then Covid came and now he is over two years old .I hope to go soon as and will let you know so we can meet up .I have been to Cornwall but around polperro area and a good while ago but having seen my son's photos I am not sure my knees are up to most of it but there is always the car .Now I have another granddaughter born earlier this month so I have a lot to see and my new wife hasn't seen any more than the Doc Martin village .I look forward to seeing them and may be we could have a drink .
That's a shame you didn't get down here. It is very hilly everywhere really so not good for the old dodgy knees. But it's still great to explore by car. There's a different view around every corner. It really is a special place. Hope you are able to get down here soon so you can see your family. Being here is a mixed bag or me at the moment. I love it here and just being out and about walking the cliffs is so good for the soul. But right now I'm also missing the comfort of family and friends.

Feeling good today. My wife's death was finally registered on Monday (still haven't got the certificates mind you) and the funeral director confirmed the date for the funeral which is next Friday. So provided I receive the death certificate in the post tomorrow the plan is to travel up to Liverpool this Friday. I'm so looking forward to meeting up with family and friends and getting the chance to see my lovely wife again, once she's appropriately attired of course. Spoke to the celebrant this morning and have arranged to meet up with her on Monday after I've been to see the funeral directors up there. Pretty much sorted on everything now apart from the reception. But at least i can stop sitting around the house waiting for the phone to ring.

Just walked up to the village shop to get myself a traditional Cornish pasty which I'm about to have for lunch. It's a lovely day down here so I'm going to go for a walk this afternoon to the parish church which is on a cliff top location at the mouth of the Helford river. It was our favourite walk with some of the most fantastic views in the world, and will no doubt be very emotional for me.

But they can't take away the memories hey. ;)
Happy Wednesday, Fred! It made me so happy for you to hear that everything finally got settled and that you will be able to meet your wife again and give her a proper burial.

I hope you walk was lovely and that those memories that you hold dear in your heart continue helping you get through the emotional times. X

20 pointer coming your way :)

Yeah, doing much better today thanks. But I know it's going to be a long healing process because we literally did everything together.

You've always got us lot on here to help you. We might not be right there with you but we are a hi away from helping you fill your time. Or if you just want to remember some good times and share with someone. There will be difficult times ahead but you seem to me a stable person so you will get there.

Feeling good today. My wife's death was finally registered on Monday (still haven't got the certificates mind you) and the funeral director confirmed the date for the funeral which is next Friday. So provided I receive the death certificate in the post tomorrow the plan is to travel up to Liverpool this Friday. I'm so looking forward to meeting up with family and friends and getting the chance to see my lovely wife again, once she's appropriately attired of course. Spoke to the celebrant this morning and have arranged to meet up with her on Monday after I've been to see the funeral directors up there. Pretty much sorted on everything now apart from the reception. But at least i can stop sitting around the house waiting for the phone to ring.

Just walked up to the village shop to get myself a traditional Cornish pasty which I'm about to have for lunch. It's a lovely day down here so I'm going to go for a walk this afternoon to the parish church which is on a cliff top location at the mouth of the Helford river. It was our favourite walk with some of the most fantastic views in the world, and will no doubt be very emotional for me.

Glad to hear that the arrangements are progressing and most of the details have been confirmed. Hope you found some comfort in your memories on your walk this afternoon.

I hope you had a nice relaxing walk this afternoon Fred and the memories made you smile.

Wasn't sure where else to go with this. I'm on a short cruise and my wife has literally just passed away a couple of hours ago in bed alongside me. She's felt poorly last 36 hours but this come straight out of the blue. I feel totally numb.

Watching people perform CPR on a loved one when you know it's too late is despairing. The worst thing I've ever witnessed. She was only 60. The hardest part is going to be telling people and I don't think I'm up to it.

Just been moved to a new cabin but I'm just sitting here crying and bewildered. I'm hoping sharing it with you guys will help in some way

just saw this mate.. I’m truly sorry for your loss. It’s heartbreaking to hear and read your experience… I hope you’re doing ok.. I can imagine it hasn’t got any easier

You've always got us lot on here to help you. We might not be right there with you but we are a hi away from helping you fill your time. Or if you just want to remember some good times and share with someone. There will be difficult times ahead but you seem to me a stable person so you will get there.
How are things today Messy ? Hope you are fine and getting ready for the morrow .Best wishes