Match Thread Everton v West Ham Utd; Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Much what I thought, up against a team that has established identify. Our injury hit first team will be peddled, the grand sum of two but that's football, however, we will happily take points off injury hit opponents and bask in our brilliance, not an excuse for me. Players out thought and manager out witted. Who did actually play well for us...

What's happened to the atmosphere at Goodison? You would think after not being able to go the games for a year fans would be well up for matchdays now. I listened on radio Merseyside commentary, it was like crown green bowlng in the background.

Thats how most Goodison games come across on TV, been like this for well over a decade. I don’t like to judge as I’d be just as passive watching average football but fact is Goodison being a library has been the standard for as long as I can remember. Maybe it’s a bit better in the actual ground and tv is not picking up crowd noise like other games ? Be surprised like, every match commentators mention how flat it is, to the point where I could easily believe we have the worst atmosphere in the league.

Last edited:

I'm a glass half full kinda blue...but this fella...I'm lost for words. If he's a better option than our young players then we have problems deep rooted.
He's had enough time to get fit now and still looks like he's the celeb in a charity match.

Don't think we played particularly bad

Iwobi and Rondon lack quality and we didn't take our chances

Need someone with quality down the middle

That part where three of our players went for the same ball sums it up. I wasn't expecting much, but that does nothing for the disappointment.

Voted for townsend, was everywhere, offense , defense. Can't do much if you are playing with players like Rondon , and iwobi. But atleast he tried.

I'm a glass half full kinda blue...but this fella...I'm lost for words. If he's a better option than our young players then we have problems deep rooted.
He's had enough time to get fit now and still looks like he's the celeb in a charity match.
Rondon that is ! If ya didn't guess

Didn't think we would ose twice at home to West Ham in the same calendar year, these are usually our favourite opposition,in the prem we have beaten them more than any other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.