2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was a massive mistake after halftime to move Iwobi up and move Demarai deeper. The move should have been bringing Gordon on and leaving Gray as the second striker. Godfrey and Rondon should have been subbed as well.

Progress at least lol

Its funny whenever we lose a game Benitez is the devil yet Ancelotti lost home game after home game and it was "dose crap players of ours".

Maybe the fans need to wake up and realise until serious £££ is spent on this squad days like today will happen.

Ancelotti, Benitez, Howe, Pulis, Klopp, Guardiola whoever could be manager and there is only so much you can do when your option is Iwobi or Gordon and not Salah or Jota or Foden or Grealish.

Carlo lost worse home games with a fully fit team ......

Definitely. When you're without your best centre back and two best goalscorers any team would struggle.

That's not to say he hasn't made mistakes but we had naff all on the bench so it's not like there is an obvious choice he is missing. Let's evaluate when we have those players back, please let it be soon.

He got it badly wrong today, both in his team selection and in allowing Iwobi to stay on for so long and Rondon to embarrass himself for the whole 90 minutes and don’t give me this old cobblers about only having Dobbin or Gordon as alternatives. Gordon, at the moment, is a far better option than an out of form, lacking in confidence Iwobi. The least said about Rondon the better, if Benitez wasn’t too stubborn to admit he had made a mistake chasing this signing all summer, then Rondon wouldn’t be getting on the pitch.

Benitez got it horribly wrong with this signing, it happens he got it very right with Gray and Townsend, but, he really has to put his pride to one side, admit that Rondon is finished and get him out of the team. Dobbin is at least able to run and jump, which is more than the clown in the yellow diver’s boots is capable of.

I dont like Zonal marking Legs never have and dont like how he uses it.

I'll criticise the manager when its justified and today isn't one of them losing narrowly to a good side when your two only decent forwards and best CB were out missing.
Besides. You're going to concede once or twice eventually. It's missing those chances that cost us.
Ah well. One of those days. Never thought we would see rondon start a game again

Because the only two options were 2 kids Gordon and Dobbin - neither are PL quality otherwise they would be playing.

Our fans have this obsession with believing that all our managers deliberately lose games of football by keeping crap players in the team ahead of our superstar youngsters.

The reality is our academy is and has been crap for years - when your best yoof player to come through the ranks is Tom Davies you know something is wrong.
and rondon and iwobi are?

dobbin, simms, even niasse are more of a threat than what rondon is, he doesnt offer ANYTHING

He probably would have been otherwise Benitez would have played Dobbin rather than Rondon
Agree specially a astute manager like Benitez knows better, he sure can see what's wrong with playing rondon, and iwobi, I feel, the replacements are not good either. Feel he might juggle in the positions a bit. I feel it's one the worst individual players he has come across baring china.

and rondon and iwobi are?

dobbin, simms, even niasse are more of a threat than what rondon is, he doesnt offer ANYTHING

But thats my point you are fuming one average player isn't playing over another average player - do you not see why that is daft?

If Dobbin had been out on loan to the Championship and smashed it scoring goals and playing well then sound you have an argument but he's done nothing and is only on the bench because DCL + Richarlison are both out.

He'll likely be back in the under 23's next weekend or whenever once they are back fit because he's not yet ready otherwise he would be playing!

Its not some conspiracy we just dont have any Wayne Rooneys or Ross Barkleys currently in our youth set up.

After 20 mins this; I mean that’s just shocking considering he didn’t move his fat arse anywhere

0722DC39-3C3E-45FA-95A8-0D3C1377761A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.