2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And Rondon was signed on a free because the club was skint this summer.

Like any other player available on a free transfer happy to be 3rd choice would have been any better fans need to wake up.

Moan when spending £27 million on Tosun when clubs are spending £20 million on Danny Ings

Pipe down when you have the 20th lowest budget in the league and having to shop in the bargain bin - thank your lucky stars Gray and Townie have worked out well otherwise we could have been in real trouble.
Where has anyone called for Benitez's head over Rondon? Please can you answer the question directly?

As it happens I understand the financial restrictions and agree other signings have worked. This is the praise. I still retain the right to query the fixation on Rondon.

Rondon is probably 4th choice striker after dcl, richarlison and Tosun. When we signed rondon on deadline day I don’t Benitez planned on him even featuring that much for us. He was probably only going to be utilised as a sub. Two weeks later Burnley decide to assassinate richarlison and dcl decides to fix his toe problem and we have ended up in this bizarre scenario where our fourth choose striker has to start every game now. The only other options are Simms and dobbin both youth players or play someone like iwobi or gray out of position as a striker.

I don’t think Benitez envisioned when signing rondon that both dcl and richarlison would be unavailable at the exact same time leaving him with very little options up front
Mate, Tosun is definitely on his bike. He's ahead of nobody. Rondon is 3rd choice and it's unfortunate that DCL and Richarlison are out. However, what's Rondon had now, 6 games? Seven games? And two months of PL training. He's not unfit and if he is it's down to him, he's had plenty of training ground time and plenty of minutes on the pitch. He's just a poor player, but we're stuck with him for two years now, plus ca change.

Where has anyone called for Benitez's head over Rondon? Please can you answer the question directly?

As it happens I understand the financial restrictions and agree other signings have worked. This is the praise. I still retain the right to query the fixation on Rondon.

Rondon has been poor mate anyone with eyes can see that... however what annoys me is comments like

"What was Benitez thinking signing him?"

Well he didn't have many options when told "sorry Benny lad you have £1.7m to sign 5 players this summer"

And another pearl

"Why is Rondon still getting on the pitch wtf Benitez?"

Well our bench has 2 keepers, Tom Davies, Mr Glass and a bunch of kids.

Meanwhile West Ham had Vlasic, Yarmolenko and Lanzini on theirs.

Im all for constructive criticism - Mina for me should have played and I agree in that I would have put Davies on and gone 3 in the middle - but its the constant agenda win, lose or draw thats tedious.

We aint Man City we aint even a Leicester/West Ham and as soon as people realise its not the managers fault the better.

Its funny whenever we lose a game Benitez is the devil yet Ancelotti lost home game after home game and it was "dose crap players of ours".

Maybe the fans need to wake up and realise until serious £££ is spent on this squad days like today will happen.

Ancelotti, Benitez, Howe, Pulis, Klopp, Guardiola whoever could be manager and there is only so much you can do when your option is Iwobi or Gordon and not Salah or Jota or Foden or Grealish.
I said he needed to do better at organizing at corners, how on earth is that equating him with the devil lol

No one is calling for his head for signing Rondon, my problem is that Benitez is so stubborn that he will continue to give Rondon minutes on the pitch because he can’t admit that he made a mistake. I even said in an earlier post that, Benitez got the Rondon signing very very wrong, however, these things happen and in fairness to him he got the Gray and Townsend signings very very right.

He needs to be a man now, swallow his pride accept that Rondon is finished and get him off the pitch. Just because people criticize your messiah it doesn’t mean that they are calling for his head.

By the way, a couple of weeks ago, when you were referring to James as a cart horse and didn’t seem to know what the term meant, well, Rondon is a cart horse, big, clumsy and slow.
Right , the problem is not signing him at the first place, but playing him even after so many dire performances. Though i don't get, if it's his ego or lack of available options.

Rondon has been poor mate anyone with eyes can see that... however what annoys me is comments like

"What was Benitez thinking signing him?"

Well he didn't have many options when told "sorry Benny lad you have £1.7m to sign 5 players this summer"

And another pearl

"Why is Rondon still getting on the pitch wtf Benitez?"

Well our bench has 2 keepers, Tom Davies, Mr Glass and a bunch of kids.

Meanwhile West Ham had Vlasic, Yarmolenko and Lanzini on theirs.

Im all for constructive criticism - Mina for me should have played and I agree in that I would have put Davies on and gone 3 in the middle - but its the constant agenda win, lose or draw thats tedious.

We aint Man City we aint even a Leicester/West Ham and as soon as people realise its not the managers fault the better.
We lost at home to an average side. The manager got it wrong. He is an average manager. Whether people like me don't think he should be in the job is irrelevant. He will get time to make a decent go of the job and he needs to be much better than he was today.

Eight games in, a 4 - 2- 2 results record, and 5 points off the top team.

With this "squad" I would have happily accepted that at the start of the season never mind achieving it with the key injuries we have had.

Today too many players hid, or at least did not perform as we expect. With two keepers on the bench, maybe he could have brought one on for Rondon and then throw the other on for Iwobi ?? Would have at least made an interesting last 15 minutes!!! lol

We lost at home to an average side. The manager got it wrong. He is an average manager. Whether people like me don't think he should be in the job is irrelevant. He will get time to make a decent go of the job and he needs to be much better than he was today.
Tbf West Ham aren’t an average side in the context of the prem. Antonio is a top quality striker , soucek and rice are a great midfield combo and they are very solid at the back / moyes has built a classic everton circa 10/11 side there.

Whilst I think our first eleven should be beating them at home - I’d say we are a level below them at the minute imo with squad depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.