2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
one of the worst jumpers for a keeper in the league. Not sure if its his arm length or he just can't time or get any height on a jump.

I've watched it. It wasn't a foul as Antonio won the ball with his head. It was a corner as Pickford's fingers touched the ball after that. What's confusing is how Antonio won the header in the first place. Pickford could have collected the ball, punched the ball or even just clash into Antonio for the foul but none of the above happened.
Pickford could have forearmed Antonio in the head and got the foul call.

Yeah he really should have won that ball with Antonio.

He did later make a really nice save.
It kinda comes with the job. Goalkeepers can make 10 world class save a match but make 1 single mistake and a match is lost. Same for strikers, miss 10 sitters a match, score 1 goal and a match is won.

Been pretty good ( sometimes very good ) since the derby last season.

But today that was pretty poor , distribution was wayward & needless.
No excuse's for the flap before the goal , that was weak and he panicked.
No ifs or buts he should deal with that.

Not exactly that. He could have gone with his hands up and clashed into Antonio. Referees give a foul in favour of the goalkeeper in 99.99999% of the time.
This was one of my many dislikes of Howard. And how he would be rooted to his line on crosses. Come out make contact with a player and you get the free kick the majority of the time.

The situation today he was jumping from not much of a run up so Antonio was going to be putting pressure on him, but should have punched. Similar to the goal, oggbona had the run on Godfrey, not sure what the Answer is. Godfrey should be more aware and gone towards the ball earlier. Or we have a blocker to stop the run.

This is a side issue, but I’ve always thought we’ve lacked clever players in our team. Villla’s fist goal Digne should take the booking.

This was one of my many dislikes of Howard. And how he would be rooted to his line on crosses. Come out make contact with a player and you get the free kick the majority of the time.

The situation today he was jumping from not much of a run up so Antonio was going to be putting pressure on him, but should have punched. Similar to the goal, oggbona had the run on Godfrey, not sure what the Answer is. Godfrey should be more aware and gone towards the ball earlier. Or we have a blocker to stop the run.

This is a side issue, but I’ve always thought we’ve lacked clever players in our team. Villla’s fist goal Digne should take the booking.
I do see your point about the lack of players with football intelligence. It'll take at least a couple more transfer windows to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.