2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, just because there is no transfer fee it doesnt mean the player is free.

Signing fee
Agent fee
Wages
Bonuses

Certainly not 'free'.

Terrible business.

After signing on fee and wages (I'll be kind to Everton and say they're paying this has been no more than 50k a week) it'll only be a 7-8m free transfer over 2 years lol

Fella looks like a League 2 player worth around 250k at best.

Signing fee
Agent fee
Wages
Bonuses

Certainly not 'free'.

Terrible business.

Come on Zat its all relative - Tosun at £27 million really means £50+ million factoring in the above.

Not many players in the bargain bin are good or even average hence why its a miracle Gray and Townsend have done as well as they have.

….i said before the match that his objective was to occupy the CBs and give them a difficult game. I think both defenders wore flip flops, Rondon couldn’t even do the basics protecting a ball played into him. Totally ineffective display.

I have a test that I’ve spoken about before. I think of the CBs talking about the game on the trip home and wonder what they say about their opponent. I suspect they didn’t mention Rondon and even if they did they were laughing.
lol

The sad fact is we support a club who thought it was a good idea to give decent money to a footballer who effectively retired two years ago when he made the 'sporting decision' to move to China.

We're now seeing the inevitable end result - another mercenary on a good contract who offers nothing.

The club is incompetent.

Only really seen the twitter melt-down by really angry men saying how "they could do better"....hope this place is not the same......

We're nearly into November and he ain't match fit. I guess the full English breakfasts and doner kebabs are impacting.

The club is a joke

The only person who looked as bad as him was Brett Angell. And that’s not even an exaggeration
John Spencer. Another who did nothing at all in his time here.

The worrying thing about Rondon for me is not his lack of pace, fitness etc, its the fact that he is never in the box when a cross comes in. He needs to at least give himself a chance.

Come on Zat its all relative - Tosun at £27 million really means £50+ million factoring in the above.

Not many players in the bargain bin are good or even average hence why its a miracle Gray and Townsend have done as well as they have.

Thats simply not true, theres plenty of players next summer who are out of contract that Id want us to sign.

If the choice was to sign Rondon (and Lonergan) or no one then id have preferred us to sign no one.

Then we keep our powder dry for Jan or next summer with more FFP room.

You would have had as much impact as Rondon so far. Hes failed at everything.

Signing fee
Agent fee
Wages
Bonuses

Certainly not 'free'.

Terrible business.

….for all the praise Benitez rightly gets for bringing in Townsend and Gray, this is indeed ‘terrible business’.

Continually selecting him must be down to Benitez backing his man but it’s compounding the mistake. We are stretched up front but he should be looking for other options.

i’d have played Gordon there myself, he’d probably been as ineffective holding the ball up but would’ve caused problems going the other way. He might have even got on the end of that brilliant cross from Gray.

Thats simply not true, theres plenty of players next summer who are out of contract that Id want us to sign.

If the choice was to sign Rondon (and Lonergan) or no one then id have preferred us to sign no one.

Then we keep our powder dry for Jan or next summer with more FFP room.

You would have had as much impact as Rondon so far. Hes failed at everything.

Looking at what Rondon has given us, it would have been a much better idea to give one of the kids a go, even if he never scored, at least it would have given him experience in this league. Rondon has been a water of a wage and should be dropped immediately.

I think we are being slightly harsh here about Rondon, for the most part he was extremely isolated. He wasn't good don't get me wrong but I felt he did hold up his fair share especially in the second half, he was also inches away with that deft header, if that goes in, this whole conversation doesn't happen.
He was isolated because he couldn't hold the ball up to allow teammates to join in, it came back every single time it went into him. He also could have had a few tap ins already as we've put the ball across beautifully along the six yard line and he has been nowhere near it every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.