2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had a poor game but meh I think the hate of the guy is OTT.

Blokes 32 and had COVID/not played in 5 months since playing in a bum league and has been thrown in the deep end due to our bad luck with injuries.

Its the similiar story with the manager - people blame the guy who's been here 5 minutes and not Brands/Unsworth/the medic team / chairman etc who've ran us like a circus for years
There’s a (very) small part of me agrees with some of this, but let’s face it - he’s been here since August, you’d hope he’s training nearly every day, he’s played 5 PL games on the bounce and a League Cup game, he should by now be showing at least signs of a small improvement in his fitness, touch and game awareness but there has been nothing of any note, not one thing! And you said it yourself “he’s been playing in a bum league” which pretty much sums it up, yet it’s likely he could be here for 3 years - it’s almost as though the powers that be never learn from their continual expensive recruitment mistakes!

He had a poor game but meh I think the hate of the guy is OTT.

Blokes 32 and had COVID/not played in 5 months since playing in a bum league and has been thrown in the deep end due to our bad luck with injuries.

Its the similiar story with the manager - people blame the guy who's been here 5 minutes and not Brands/Unsworth/the medic team / chairman etc who've ran us like a circus for years

Since when has he had Covid? He’s had months to get fit and plenty of games but hasn’t improved one bit.

Everyone knows the squad is crap and that isn’t the fault of Benitez but it’s not unreasonable to hold your hand up and say yeah Benitez has signed a dud here.

There’s a (very) small part of me agrees with some of this, but let’s face it - he’s been here since August, you’d hope he’s training nearly every day, he’s played 5 PL games on the bounce and a League Cup game, he should by now be showing at least signs of a small improvement in his fitness, touch and game awareness but there has been nothing of any note, not one thing! And you said it yourself “he’s been playing in a bum league” which pretty much sums it up, yet it’s likely he could be here for 3 years - it’s almost as though the powers that be never learn from their continual expensive recruitment mistakes!

Regardless if Benitez wanted him or not, someone should have pulled the plug on the deal factoring in

1.His age
2.He basically went into semi retirement once he moved to China

If its true, Brands, Kenwright and Moshiri all have their say on different deals, then there's Benitiez. If all 4 of them agreed that this was a decent signing then that shows them all in a really poor light (again)

2 year deal is mad on reflection. Dunno maybe Benitez really thought he'd be able to performance better than he has, and I'm willing to accept it must be tough given he went so long without playing at any decent level, but eff me he seems to be getting worse with every game.

The alarm bells started for me in the 5 minutes he had v Burnley on his debut. He’d been talking about how he was desperate to do well and how the fans would love his 100% committed style.
And then he came on and sauntered around like it was a testimonial. I still haven’t seen him sprint.

Gave a younger, fitter King a 6 month contract. Very strange.
Might have been different if Benitez had been in charge. Don’t think King enjoyed life under Ancelotti too much.

Rondon just way way off the pace. Not sure if it’s fixable at his age. Bizarre signing.

Saw someone say it's like watching a celeb on Soccer Aid.

We've got Chunkz upfront.

b1852072-aacf-44eb-8a3a-bc8a5c809de7.jpg

Regardless if Benitez wanted him or not, someone should have pulled the plug on the deal factoring in

1.His age
2.He basically went into semi retirement once he moved to China

If its true, Brands, Kenwright and Moshiri all have their say on different deals, then there's Benitiez. If all 4 of them agreed that this was a decent signing then that shows them all in a really poor light (again)
Exactly, and there’s the reason for so much of the very expensive waste of the last 5 years or so! The summer of Koeman, Walsh, Kenwright and Moshiri all effectively signing players with no real plan in place - hence why we ended up with, three number 10’s, Rooney, Klaassen, and him who shall not be named! A disastrous couple of years that we haven’t recovered from financially or on the pitch, yet here we are still making the same amateurish mistakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.