2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gbamin will get injured again just because we are cursed as a football club to have to carry Tom Davies in our midfield every season. It’s like a golden rule that we must always have one useless slow midfielder completely undermining the team at all times. Every midfielder we have goes down injured apart from the ever available Siggurdson and Davies who never ever get injured and always find their way back into our 11.
Didn't Siggurdson miss a significant chunk of the season when Allardyce was manager?

Even if he manages to come in and string 3 games together, he’s going to be absolutely diabolical because he’s been out injured for 2 years and 2 months.
If we’re all honest he didn’t look up to speed in his cameo appearances before he got crocked

Should have been playing last night in the 23s to get him up to speed. No way hes able to step in now and start
dont know the rules but that baffles me too. Why not give him 60 mins or so in the U23's. We played Chelsea U23 some time ago and Drinkwater was playing for them. So i imagine it is possible.

dont know the rules but that baffles me too. Why not give him 60 mins or so in the U23's. We played Chelsea U23 some time ago and Drinkwater was playing for them. So i imagine it is possible.
Drinkwater is pretty much frozen out of first team matters there, big difference

Drinkwater is pretty much frozen out of first team matters there, big difference
agree but Gbamin doesnt get match fit from daily training sessions at Finch Farm so 1-2 run outs in the U23's would have done him the world of good after being out for so long. Now with Doucoure out it seems Davies will come in.

Why would he be effective in central midfield. He struggles to pass the ball forward.
True, but so do the rest of our poor options. At least Godfrey has grit likes the ball at his feet, isnt afraid of a tackle and loves to play further up the pitch with the ball at his feet, which we're not getting to see this year with Benitezs flat back 4.But yes poor options all round.

This feller will end up with his own eponym.

The way we have a pen named after Panenka and a contract named after Bosman, any disastrous signing of a player for massive cash will forthwith be named a Gbamin.

Status
Not open for further replies.