2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'll be shot down for this, but I don't think it's just about points (as long as it's enought to stay up). There are so many other factors that would signal improvement for me. Fight, team spirit, courage, pride, creating excitement, playing style, fitness, recruitment/squad pruning.... basically stuff to get you off your seat and provide a platform for improvement. It'll all be down to if it feels we're on an upward trajectory at last.
It's hope basically. I think that's all what any of us want to see, a bit of hope, the slither of a sighting that we are not going to be doing this abject nothingness forever.

Two weeks ago I would have said he needed to deliver more than that

Now, I'm not sure what I think an acceptable return is - the Doucoure and DCL injuries are probably going to de-rail us. He isn't to blame for that, nor is he to blame for the paucity of the squad outside the first XI (with the exception of Rondon). I still don't think I'd be pleased if he finished lower than Ancelotti did last season, but on the face of it a European push might be a big ask with the way this last week has gone.
It'd be understandable though.

I would expect a lot of managers to achieve such a pathetic total with our squad. I thought FSW was a foot ball genius yet his lovers have such little faith in him
50 odd point total with major injuries and no spending?

You're having a laugh.

That would be seen by the VAST majority of Everton supporters as acceptable.

He's here until he doesn't want to be here.

That's what the refuseniks have to understand and accept and, when they have, get back on board supporting the team.

If he stabilises the club and has us moving in the right direction in three years, it would be bonkers not to stick with him.

If the club still can’t properly back him in 3 years he might walk then. But all things well, I’m hoping for some stability finally.

1634817636663.png

I ask the same of any self respecting blue accepting this kopite as our manager.

I understand mate, but he had been to other clubs before coming here. As regards what manager we have, the fans have no say in it so we have to put up with who ever it comes along.

Are you saying as long as he is our manager you will not attend any games?

so your plea earlier to just be allowed to discuss the merits of each game was just a load of moonshine really wasn't it, you'd be slagging him off if we were top of the league regarlless

I hardly comment on Benitez after a game win, lose or draw. My point is we win I'm happy, I just don't have to praise Benitez like he is some sort of genius like you and others do.

"you'd be slagging him off if we were top of the league regardless" What a bellendish thing to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.