2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How tf 50 points is a successful season. Does that mean Carlo didn't fail? Because he did.

Ancelotti didn't have DCL and Richarlison missing 6 weeks together and DCL will end up being out about 8-12 weeks in total.

I think we'll get more than 50 points but at this stage 10th would be an achievement with the injuries.

You can afford an injury to a Digne or Keane or Coleman but not Doucoure/DCL/Richarlison they are literally our 3 most important players.

the table doesn't show you thew size of squads or anything and who has been injured. Bit of a silly table
It's cherry picking at its finest. You can do with stats all you want.

What you cant argue with, are the happy customers at Newcastle, Naples, Valencia and Liverpool. Thats all I need to know.
He's a great manager. He'll get us there.

It shows you we had the third most players out injured for the 4th longest amount of time.

Dom missed 5 games. Richarlison missed 5. Mina missed 7. Digne was out for 9. Coleman missed 8. Allan missed 13. Doucoure missed 9. Pickford missed 5.

A lot of those were at the same time and led to us having to play Iwobi as a wing back.

Benitez is not the only manager to ever have an injury crisis affect his team selection.

It was never an acceptable excuse for Carlo so I don't see why it should be for him.

Ancelotti didn't have DCL and Richarlison missing 6 weeks together and DCL will end up being out about 8-12 weeks in total.

I think we'll get more than 50 points but at this stage 10th would be an achievement with the injuries.

You can afford an injury to a Digne or Keane or Coleman but not Doucoure/DCL/Richarlison they are literally our 3 most important players.
I agree about the injures, but it's unacceptable to consider any Everton fc manager job as successful after a 50 points season. Never.

Also, he could've kept Kean and James and now we wouldn't be forced to watch Rondon and Iwobi

These two were missing for chunks of last season. As was Allan.

Don't take it as me saying injuries aren't derailing this season. They most definitely are. But it was also a significant factor for Ancelotti.

Broader point goes back to our patchy to awful recruitment strategy over a number of years / regimes. Hideous squad depth. Don't care who the manager is (Benitez, Ancelotti, Merlin the Wizard), they'd probably struggle.

We finished 10th and lost a dead rubber against already relegated Sheffield United.
Something really went badly wrong last season. You could blame some of the safety first dire performances on injuries, but the tail end when people were back should have seen an upturn. Carlo's regime / set up / inability to motivate, some bad eggs in the squad (James poss. Or maybe some of the squad resenting him) / poor mentality... I'm really not sure (defo speculating here). It's been heavily debated before either way.

Be interesting to see if similar happens under Benitez, a lot of squad core is the same.

Something really went badly wrong last season. You could blame some of the safety first dire performances on injuries, but the tail end when people were back should have seen an upturn. Carlo's regime / set up / inability to motivate, some bad eggs in the squad (James poss. Or maybe some of the squad resenting him) / poor mentality... I'm really not sure (defo speculating here). It's been heavily debated before either way.

Be interesting to see if similar happens under Benitez, a lot of squad core is the same.

Mad to suggest that we were anything approaching competitive in the last leg of the season, we’d given up entirely and looked like we were trying to actively avoid Europe altogether. By far the worst football I’ve ever witnessed as an Everton supporter.

Mad to suggest that we were anything approaching competitive in the last leg of the season, we’d given up entirely and looked like we were trying to actively avoid Europe altogether.
It was pathetic to be frank. I've seen quite a few gutless Everton displays in my time, but it was a consistent run of weak displays at the end. Mid season it was a fair assessment as we were scrapping out wins. But, the tail end was desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.