2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no manager has lasted more than 1.5 seasons under Mosh

just enjoy the ride while it lasts , we'll have Hassenhutl or something by next Xmas

it's just the way we roll

Table never lies.

...and we're down Sigurdsson and we failed to add to the squad in key areas like RB/CM/RW...AND we have a massive injury crisis.

People are talking out of the top of their hats if they cant see Benitez has been handed a nightmare to break us out of.

If he gets us 50 odd points in these circumstances he's a 'kin genius.
lol He's been missing for seasons.

Joking aside, he wasa senior figure in a thin squad by and large trusted by successive managers, agree with them or not.

Just wages tied up and what slim hope of resale presumably gone. That's not ideal card to be dealt.

Ancelotti failed because he was backed with money and never faced an injury crisis.

How difficult is it to appreciate the differences?
Allan was out from November until January, Doucoure was out for the last 6 weeks if I remember correctly.
Rodriguez was out for over a third of the season, Mina missed a third of the season so of course he had injuries.

lol He's been missing for seasons.

Joking aside, he wasa senior figure in a thin squad by and large trusted by successive managers, agree with them or not.

Just wages tied up and what slim hope of resale presumably gone. That's not ideal card to be dealt.
Sigurdsson is a first team player who'd have been involved during this injury-ridden period.

There's some on here who are completely undermining their own views on Benitez by not acknowledging the injury list and the fact that half of the present season has gone by without having either of our first choice attackers.

Most reasonable people see that and acknowledge it.

Allan was out from November until January, Doucoure was out for the last 6 weeks if I remember correctly.
Rodriguez was out for over a third of the season, Mina missed a third of the season so of course he had injuries.
They weren't ALL OUT TOGETHER. I think that's THE DIFFERENCE.

no manager has lasted more than 1.5 seasons under Mosh

just enjoy the ride while it lasts , we'll have Hassenhutl or something by next Xmas

it's just the way we roll
Yeah because he went for the wrong managers, this time he had to go for a long term manager, we need 3 years out of him, we have wasted too much money on sackings, we need stability, we need progress, we need Rafael

Ancelotti failed because he was backed with money and never faced an injury crisis.

How difficult is it to appreciate the differences?
Am I getting this right? Carlo failed with 59 points, but Benitez will be successful with 50?

And we shouldn't really care about the points and the reasons why someone is failed. A fail is a fail . Any finish outside the europian spots should be considered as a fail, under any manager.

I’d say having him missing has been a boost that has sort of countered all the injury problems we’ve had.
I don't think we've missed him at all. We've been far faster in transition without him. Genuinely would have been interesting if Benitez tried to accommodate him or booted him under more normal circumstances.

Either way it's someone unavailable he could have used, or yet another unproductive wage on the books in straightened times.

Watched the overlap with carragher & Neville.

interesting what he said about Rafael and how he was great for him and the defenders and made him a much better player, but the forwards didn’t enjoy the training, as it was a lot drills. Even though Torres did ok

He did say they had a lot of British forwards, Keane, crouch, who maybe just want to keep putting the ball in the net. I’m sure Rafael has changed his style a little over the years and maybe he has a coach that works with the strikers now( Duncan?)

Am I getting this right? Carlo failed with 59 points, but Benitez will be successful with 50?

And we shouldn't really care about the points and the reasons why someone is failed. A fail is a fail . Any finish outside the europian spots should be considered as a fail, under any manager.
Why would we be considered a shoe in for a European place? Why would being outside those spots be a failure - look at our recent history and be a little bit ‘real’

Status
Not open for further replies.