2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We shouldnt be depending on DCL or Doucoure to beat Watford, Wolves, Spurs or Brentford...with or without them against City we'd have a limited chance.

If we dont take 10pts from the next 5 games then it will be a sub par first 13 games of the season in anyones book.

We won 1 game in 8 without Doucoure last season with the greatest manager in da werld in the dugout.

History suggests we do need him and badly never mind DCL.

Lets be honest the season is over in terms of hopes for Europe or a good cup run.

DCL will have been out for easily 12+ weeks the time he does return

Richarlison has been out 6 weeks

Doucoure will be out 6-8 weeks

Godfrey is done in from COVID

Mina/Coleman will be taking turns with hammies popping all season as will likely Allan

Top half is our aim if we get that he's done very well on a £1.7m budget.
coupling this with your other post on the fitness coach being to blame, the bar just gets lower and lower. Before the season started it was just doing better than Carlo did last year now its reached the point were staying alive would be seen as a success. Do you think no-one is noticing this?

Can’t wait to see who is unexpectedly out for this weekend’s game.

I’ll go with a prediction of:

Richarlison is ‘close’ but not yet ready
DCL is doing ‘really well’ but no timeframe on return
Gbamin has had a ‘small problem’ so won’t make the squad
Are Gomes and Delph available ‘no not yet’
‘Allan has also had some problems this week so may not make the game’
Bingo!

We won 1 game in 8 without Doucoure last season with the greatest manager in da werld in the dugout.

History suggests we do need him and badly never mind DCL.

Different style of play, different opposition, different role in the team.

Against Watford, yes it would be a huge benefit to have Doucoure, Mina and DCL starting.

But, its Watford and the manager has to find a way to play with different players that will win the game.

….was it you who not so long ago said Benitez was on course for a massive points total?

Amazing how the luvvies who put him on a pedestal are retracting expectation.

A lot of flim flamming...

We shouldnt be depending on DCL or Doucoure to beat Watford, Wolves, Spurs or Brentford...with or without them against City we'd have a limited chance.

If we dont take 10pts from the next 5 games then it will be a sub par first 13 games of the season in anyones book.

What on earth kind of delusion is this? You think our depleted squad has a god given right to walk all over the likes of Spurs and Brentford who have already taken points off far better sides than us this season? Brentford pretty much played Chelsea off the park in their last game.

Can’t stand this pigheaded arrogance in our fanbase that had developed in the past 5 years or so, it makes me hate our fans. Absolutely no reason for it, just makes you look like a spoilt child.

What on earth kind of delusion is this? You think our depleted squad has a god given right to walk all over the likes of Spurs and Brentford who have already taken points off far better sides than us this season? Brentford pretty much played Chelsea off the park in their last game.

Can’t stand this pigheaded arrogance in our fanbase that had developed in the past 5 years or so, it makes me hate our fans. Absolutely no reason for it, just makes you look like a spoilt child.

I think an attack consisting of Richarlison, Gray, Townsend + 1 is enough to score goals.

I also think a defensive unit with Pickford, Digne, Godfrey and Coleman + 1 is enough to keep clean sheets.

Some might say that Benitez' tactics should be enough with the counter attacking approach...

Status
Not open for further replies.