2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are Pickford,Alan, Dacore, Richarlison or DCL why on earth would you not leave when the big clubs come knocking at the door. We should be building a team around these players and not try to make us look like Newcastle.

Not going to defend him after that, besides the fact that this squad is laughably inept. Bottom half Championship level in some places. But Benitez has a lot to answer for with the loyalty to Rondon and the way we're defending set pieces.

Not all on him obviously. You can't blame the manager for the way Ben Godfrey defended today or for Lucas Digne's ongoing slump or having absolutely no options on the bench because of that utter shambles of a DoF.

I'm pretty confident we're on the way to relegation soon. Just a case of whether we can hold out til the new stadium.

Completely agree.

Yet everybody's calling for his head and calling him a fat Kopite after a great start to the season and we're forced to play Michael keane, Tom Davies and Rondon through the spine of our team because of injuries.

Benitez still deserves blame today but not disrespectfully - especially considering the squad options available.

I’m not calling for his head, but Benitez was always going to be a candidate where there would be very low tolerance from the fan base when we hit a bad patch

Now more than ever I think we should have gone for a less divisive appointment

Benitez has excuses due to the overall quality and depth of the squad, but that won’t protect him, especially if he keeps persisting with Rondon and messing with Gordon like he did today

We’ve got a run of about six difficult games now. He needs to turn chicken you-know-what into chicken salad and FAST

It
…lost all energy and whatever tempo we had when Gordon went off. i’ve said Benitez is stubborn with a big ego & he’ll back his own judgement with Rondon.

Very poor defensively, I can remember under Moyes when we didn’t concede a set piece for over two years, now we can’t go two matches.

The injured aren’t coming back anytime soon,, he’s the one who needs to get us set up so we’re hard to beat.
Its time to Bring Back Moyes.

Perhaps head turned by Newcastle’s billions ? yesterday I’d have been annoyed about that, today I’d be overjoyed. I was genuinely happy we got him and though he had us sorted to a degree, injuries obviously haven’t helped. But now it’s starting to look like he’s getting thing badly wrong. Hope its just a blip and it improves very quickly. If you were him though, you would probably be disappointed you come here when Newcastle have just got all that wealth.

Not excuses at all - sack him now and go get appoint Potter

And when Everton are still dropping points with cowards like Keane and Davies in the side you can call for Grahams head as well

Sack Potter go get Nuno, Everton still dropping points with cowards like Keane and Davies in the side you can call for Espirto's head as well.

You see where im going with this?

Definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

So keep sacking managers and giving new contracts to Micheal Keane maybe one day you'll all wake up and smell the coffee.

And you'd rather us keep a manager who has us losing 5-2 at home to promoted sides?

Sound plan.

He was given £1.7m to sign 5 players what did people want him to do go kidnap Neymar at gun point and force him to sign on a freebie? lol

Stop with this 'he was given £1.7m'. He knew the situation and we actually had money to spend at the end of the window.

He was given total freedom over recruitment, from making decisions on Dumfries, and AMN, to authorising the move for Diaz etc, and (and this is the big one) absolutely insisting that he wanted Rondon.

Status
Not open for further replies.