Match Thread Everton v Watford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That shambles is up there with the very worst home performances I’ve ever seen. Rondon’s individual performances are also about as poor as I’ve ever seen, yet he stays on for the full game giving his best impression of what a non league centre half would look like spearheading a premier league attack.

Make no mistake, Watford are absolutely awful yet they’ve played Everton off the park away from home. This is desperate and it looks like the pea-hearted players who keep getting away with sub-standard perforomances are continually considered for game time regardless.

I used to get upset at this sort of eye bleeding attack on my football senses but why the hell should I when this lot don’t.

well played Anthony Gordon and Tom Davies, thank you for your endeavour Andros…. The rest of you were an embarrassment to top flight football

When you think early this century we had David Moyes not this red clown. What is it about never taking the kopite out of...

Moyes, Martinez, Silva, Royle, Unsworth, Allardyce, Koeman all far better than this clown but Moyes still stands out as the best for me.
We should have got Moyes instead of Carlo. We all knew the effect Moyes can have on a team, while the Hammers fans were up in arms. They are all licking his hoop now!

There has been, definitely mate, I agree, in spells. Man Utd, kind of, definitely at Brighton and in part against Burnley and S'ton.

But it's been glimpses and we haven't done it enough. Today that's what we needed to do. And they all failed.

That's the worst defeat we've had in ages, Ancelotti shambles included.
It really sucked no doubt.

As I said I think what he's doing now is making the most out of what we have. I don't know that there is really a better way of going about it, especially when you have all the good enough players we have available. But we just don't need to be doing that right now. The most of what we have isn't really that good. We needed to once again start building longer term and I'm afraid we once again have not done so.

Ancelotti was given a heads up that there would be no transfer kitty last summer. Have a niggly worrying sense that he had ran the rule over the 23’s and below and that they are, frankly, awful.
Real or not, he wasn’t up for a mid table season at best ahead. FSW has come in and is, ie would appear, making the same judgement on the wider club playing resources (in persisting with Rondon in particular). There is a rancid stink of complacency and ‘meh’ about the wider club younger sides. It’s been done to death on here but Unsworth and all of Kenrights sycophants need to be shown the door. Today. Rip it up and start again.

TBF the problem isn't the u-23s being awful, it is senior players being undroppable. Bad performance should - must, really - be punished ruthlessly, yet a succession of managers (Moyes with P-Nev, Martinez with Kone/Alcaraz, Koeman/BFS/Silva/Ancelotti with Iceland) have tolerated it from some players even though not punishing it destroys team morale and cohesion. The youth know they won't get a chance, so they are going to do what Small or that kid who went to Angers did, and the senior players know they won't get binned off so aren't arsed either.

Simms, Dobbin and the rest might be crap, but without giving them a proper chance we are never going to get better. If Simms is fit for the Wolves game, he has to start. If he isn't fit, Dobbin has to. Picking Rondon again would be a complete disaster.

We should have got Moyes instead of Carlo. We all knew the effect Moyes can have on a team, while the Hammers fans were up in arms. They are all licking his hoop now!
I don't know that Moyes was the right call for us specifically because of the history. However we needed a longer term builder and Moyes is a longer term builder.

Status
Not open for further replies.