Match Thread Everton v Watford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
TBF the problem isn't the u-23s being awful, it is senior players being undroppable. Bad performance should - must, really - be punished ruthlessly, yet a succession of managers (Moyes with P-Nev, Martinez with Kone/Alcaraz, Koeman/BFS/Silva/Ancelotti with Iceland) have tolerated it from some players even though not punishing it destroys team morale and cohesion. The youth know they won't get a chance, so they are going to do what Small or that kid who went to Angers did, and the senior players know they won't get binned off so aren't arsed either.

Simms, Dobbin and the rest might be crap, but without giving them a proper chance we are never going to get better. If Simms is fit for the Wolves game, he has to start. If he isn't fit, Dobbin has to. Picking Rondon again would be a complete disaster.
This is oh so painfully true.
Not too long ago, the England 20's team won their World Cup with FIVE Everton players in the line up, with one other in the squad.
DCL is the only one to graduate to the Everton first team, but only because of garbage management not to use the fee receive for the sale of Rom. The question is, what happened to the other players? How is it a player can be considered good enough to represent their country, and then be deemed unworthy to develop and play for their own club? One or two maybe, but five out of the six? Dom the exception, but purely out of professional incompetence, and mis-management, and misuse of finance.
Were they really not good enough, or, and I suspect this to be the case, wasn't sufficient quality coaching being done for their development.
I've typed this many times that this club is run like a toy shop. Their is inbred incompetence at every level as there are personnel employed at the club mainly because they 'get the club'. It is true, but, the club they did 'get' was twenty years ago, and that is were the club has remained.
I don't want employees who 'get the club', I want employees who Get Results.

Same old,same old,bloody cowards picking up top dollar,what a sorry mess we are,yes we have injuries,but that total capitulation is an absolute disgrace,I couldn't care less if I never see Digne, Keane,Davies,Rondon,Iwobi,etc ever again in an Everton shirt, without Mina we cannot defend set pieces/corners,the manager too has to shoulder a lot of that today basically sitting on a lead,taking both Gray and Gordon off was madness just saying come and have a go at us which credit them they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.