• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cup losses - acceptable
Bottom half finishes - acceptable
Sub 50 point season - acceptable
5-2 home loss - acceptable

This is what Everton football club has become in less than 4 months. The fantasists will harp on about injuries and spending.

The bottom line is that he has setup this team to play a certain way and it’s all coming home to bite us in the arse. Giving away possession in the hope of counter attacks and dismantling the only good thing we were good at last season for an awful zonal based system which is leaving us more exposed than under the other spanish charlatan.

The appointment was never made for those reasons. That's just ridiculous.

They're just bumblers who promised a Richarlison sale last summer and the proceeds plus more cash from other sales...none of which the useless DoF they hired could pull off.

I’m quite glad our DoF is “useless” if Richarlison is still here.

This guy Benitez is terrible. Most of the success this year has been against sub par teams. Wait until Everton starts playing against the tougher teams. Last year was a better squad. Siguerson and James were around. They provided a lot. Can’t believe this guy let James go. You have to bring high caliber players to the team if you want to be successful. Getting players that hustle is good but there is no replacement for actual talent. You can’t will yourself to the top 5 of the table. You have to have talent and a manager with a brain
Benitez and James never got along, James never worked hard enough for Benitez's liking and doesn't fit into the 442 system he plays. I agree the techincal qualities GS and James offered are evidently lacking as an option from the current squad, both are talented players (GS might just be the best pointer in Prem history!) but James was out the team precisely because he didn't "hustle". As for 'you have to bring high caliber players to the team' that is easier said than done if you cannot spend a penny because of FFP restrictions from previous poor transfer dealings. I'm sure EFC would love to bring in top class players every window if they could.

I'm no Benitez fan, but I wouldn't say he was terrible, talentless or brainless - I can think of many worse managers out there (some previously in the EFC hot seat!). I get the point of your comment, but it does seem a bit too simplistic to say "throw GS and James in the side and all is well", as if the team wouldn't some how have to accomodate them, or their deficiencies, without still being a shambles once the midfield is bypassed or overran.

That doesn't matter if you do or dont. It's likely to happen for a few weeks in the next 5/6 weeks until Doucoure and DCL get back in the team and we have a bench that looks halfway strong enough for the PL.
Seeing you bow down and accept abstract mediocrity for Everton after all the whining over the years is a sad day for GOT.

You've become Kenwright's Everton.
Clap...clap...clap

Cup losses - acceptable

This is what Everton football club has become in less than 4 months. The fantasists will harp on about injuries and spending.

The bottom line is that he has setup this team to play a certain way and it’s all coming home to bite us in the arse. Giving away possession in the hope of counter attacks and dismantling the only good thing we were good at last season for an awful zonal based system which is leaving us more exposed than under the other spanish charlatan.

that’s a disgrace what an utter joke we are.

sorry dave but heavy defeats and a lot of them end a managers reign

and given he’s the FW even more so
Not when a manager has spent nothing and the injury list is gargantuan and long term.

I know you want him out, but it isn't happening this season. And I think you know this in your heart of hearts.

Cup losses - acceptable

Giving up possession purposely doesn't seem like a route to success especially at home.

Cup losses - acceptable

In 5 years you mean.

Know your enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.