2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He got it wrong yesterday no doubt. I have to say that in my opinion, not having any competition for the likes of Digne isn't helping at all. If Digne is having an off period he still has to play. Knowing you're a nailed on starter affects motivation and performance.

We are paying the price for years of bungling around like idiots throwing money after money at mediocre players. None of that is Benítez fault obviously but yesterday was and he should be criticized accordingly. 5-2 at home to a relegation candidate is not acceptable in any shape or form, add to that 1 win in 6 and you can see why people are upset.

Then there is Rondon, I mean where do you even start.

….the problem they (the board) have with Benitez is that he’s an appointment that could turn the whole club sceptic very quickly. They knew he divided the fan base, we are already getting a flavour of how nasty the situation might get even after a reasonable start. A prolonged run of bad results will result in as bad an atmosphere as we’ve seen.

i don’t understand this call from you and the couple of luvvies ‘to get behind him’. Fans on a forum will criticise the manager if he deserves criticism, they are passionate about their club. It doesn’t matter if he’s only spent £2m, a top manager organises his team, a top manager manages games effectively, a top manager makes us difficult to score against from set pieces. Basics.

Benitez won’t be allowed the same wiggle room as other managers, the Board surely knew this. Where we as fans have real responsibility is to keep criticism proportionate. He’s a local man with a family who live local, criticism should not stray into threat, it shouldn’t be hidden behind anonymity on social media and daubing on walls.

Only Benitez can turn the situation around. I didn’t want him appointed but I sincerely wish him well.

Imagine if Guardiola leaves...new manager spends £2mil on transfer fees and the team gets smashed.

"He didnt spend any money"

Imagine Poccetino at PSG who has been signing Messi, Wijnaldum, Donnarumma, Ramos + Mendes on loan.

"They were all free"

Its utterly bizarre behaviour to excuse tactical incompetence and player mismanagement.

Today's defending after 2-2 was alarming.

There's no way even not having Mina out explains it. The team panicked as one when Watford got back on terms and went after the winner like headless chickens.

Yes I go along with that. I actually think we have to look at up to 2-2 and after 2-2 separately. And they are the 2 problems Benitez.

Up to 2-2 the issue is set pieces. I can see and accept an argument Mina helps. That it's not necessarily his zonal system, but the personnel within it that's the problem. I'm not saying I completely agree, but if you put Mina where Godfrey was for the West Ham and 1st goal yesterday, we probably dont concede. Whatever happens though, we have to get better at this.

The 2nd point, is a completely different discussion. Against Villa and yesterday we just collapse. People just seem to lose their heads. How are we leaving Keane 2 v 1 in a game we are drawing about 1 minute after conceding? Why are we trying to dribble out of our penalty box into 2 of our players? We just imploded. The manager really has to put an end to that.

I've watched some real dross over the years, but I have seen us implode, against such a poor opponent like that before. I've seen us lose by 5/6/7 before at places like Arsenal, Chelsea, United etc, but they were champions or title challengers.

Benitez needs to address these two things quite quickly. A lot of the other stuff is good. I think the Rondon stuff is a red herring. We are attacking well enough in general, but defensively there are some major issues.

We were in the top 4 until the team decided to have a meltdown. He's been given a hand of absolute slop to build a fortress from, if you think he's going to do that in a few months you're insane.

He needs to ship out the weak minded, spineless characters (quite a few) and rebuild.

It's the wrong environment to be throwing kids in, how will it affect them playing amongst these jelly heads? January can't come quickly enough.

That comment about Gordon was a disgrace. Throwing the young lad under the bus like that is out of order. Especially when his signing Rondon is tired after 10 minutes every week.
He’ll always do that Tim, he’s steeped in kopiteness, never his fault. His history suggests that he will
Happily throw anybody at the club under the bus in order to deflect blame from himself, while at the same time indulge in shameless self promotion, telling all and sundry what a good job he is doing in spite of the. Board, fans players, referees other teams managers, etc., etc. etc. insert as appropriate.

We were in the top 4 until the team decided to have a meltdown. He's been given a hand of absolute slop to build a fortress from, if you think he's going to do that in a few months you're insane.

He needs to ship out the weak minded, spineless characters (quite a few) and rebuild.

It's the wrong environment to be throwing kids in, how will it affect them playing amongst these jelly heads? January can't come quickly enough.

Yet our players were better than Watfords.

And the manager didn't set us up wrong or make any daft subs that led to the collapse.

Therefore you cant blame him.

I dont get whats so difficult to understand there - is Benitez telling Keane and Godfrey to get bullied by a CF yet to score a goal all season?

Is he telling Digne and Davies to put us under pressure by giving daft set pieces away?

Is he knee capping our 4 best players (DCL, Richarlison, Doucoure & Mina) so he has an excuse to play Rondon, Davies and Gordon?

You blame the manager when they actually make a tactical mistake.

He had nothing to work with today - 1x CM in Gbamin who's played 2 games in over 2 years and isn't fully fit apparently, Dobbin who's still in the academy, Iwobi who's crap and 2x goalies.

How many managers do you want to hire and sack within 18 months before you accept that the problem is by and large the crap players we have?

Im sick of them getting a free pass and I've been guilty of that at times over the years but im done throwing managers under the boss for these mental midget unmotivated dross of ours who cant pass a ball or defend properly.
What ? Honestly what are you talking about , I’m trying not to be knee jerk and be reasoned then you read this rubbish . Seriously you can’t truly believe this crap , I mean honestly Come on

Status
Not open for further replies.