2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being Ireland’s captain apparently means something, despite the fact there’s about 3 top flight players in their squad. Also Michael Keane playing for England a few times in friendlies a few years ago means something too. Also, Allan.
I'm Irish - and being Ireland's captain USED to mean something: when it was Johnny Giles, Liam Brady, Frank Stapleton, or Roy Keane. Hell, it used to mean something when it was Mick McCarthy leading a team of high-class players like Ronnie Whelan, Paul McGrath, Kevin Sheedy, David O'Leary, Ray Houghton, John Aldridge, Denis Irwin, etc, etc.

The current Irish side is the WORST ever: an amateur embarrassment. Coleman is a fig leaf to cover the absolute detritus of current talent, and only based on his past form which has now long since departed as he aged.

As for the likes of Michael Keane, dearie me. At least Coleman WAS a player of some repute and ability once upon a time. I love international tournaments for so many reasons, but much of the charm is in the fact that it is very much make do and mend compared to the corrupt, ruined but high standard club game. Benitez deserves brickbats for yesterday, but Evertonians MUST start seeing these fraudulent players for what they are before they apportion blame elsewhere. Had the manager bought them, he would deserve the boot. But he didn't. They have been hiding behind managers for years. Not one of them is worth keeping in my view.

I’ve criticised the fans plenty in the past, but I am glad we had 40,000 in the ground yesterday to give those cowards a piece of it, they’ve been getting away with phoning it in for too long with grounds empty.

I would have left early tbf. No chance I'd have stayed to boo, even though I enjoy a good boo as much as the next person.

You thought taking off Gordon was the right decision ? You think Rondon should have played the 90 ? You wouldn’t have tried to go an extra man in the midfield at any stage ?

I didnt think it was either right or wrong in all honesty.

Certainly wasn't worthy of booing had he say took off DCL for a defender at 1-1

@ForeverBlue92 The Gordon thing, he only did it because it was the easy sub

But look, he did it, fine, and it worked in that Richarlison scored and we took the lead.

But then Benitez HAD to change it again, he just had to. The shape was not working, we had nothing in midfield. Rondon is like playing with 9 men never mind 10.

The main issue is the ludicrous set-piece set-up and that's all on Benitez. It's been an issue his entire career.

As a matchgoing blue, it seemed painfully obvious to me that the mentally frail excuses we have for professionals were largely to blame yesterday....that and the shambles of keeping Marcel Brands in a job.

Benitez brings on Richarlison, he scores. Demarai Gray is carrying a knock, Iwobi comes on to avoid messing with the system that put us ahead in the game.

What does Tom Davies knocking the ball out under no pressure and the subsequent feckless defending have to do with Benitez?

I'm pretty sure he can't lobotomise Michael Keane so he's mentally strong at elite sports. I'm certain he didn't pay £35m for that POS Iwobi who's having a merry old time at the final whistle.

Do you think he was desperate to bring Rondon in, or that he had to gamble as it was the only financially feasible option due to rank incompetence over several years by our DOF?

Don't fall into the trap of blaming Benitez because he said stuff when most these players were in primary school.

The true perpetrators are dossers like Keane, Digne, Davies, Iwobi who have spent years being spineless.

They, along with Gomes, Delph, and he who shall not be named are poor excuses for elite level footballers and they're stealing a wage... Now we have Rondon to add to the daylight robbery brigade.

If we really need to direct ire, it should be at the players and DOF who are literal stains on our club and complete cowards. How anyone can let issues of the past undermine the true villains of today... it's frustrating.

Which he would have dine had Gomes or Doucoure been fit but he had no one but Gbamin who by accounts is off in January which suggests he's physically done at this level.

You could say "well whys he on the bench" but we couldn't name a full bench anyway so im sure he had to put him in incase of an emergency like Allan and Davies both breaking down.

You'll not see Gbamin play a single game unless an emergency as he's physically shot to pieces - he got the run around by a Championship Huddersfield team in the cup and people are demanding the lad come on and shield the back 4!!! lol
He’s a centre mid, he’s fit enough to be on the bench, he should be playing. Iwobi was awful last week, Rondon should not have played the full 90

Which is another point, a smarter manager knows when players are underperforming and hooks them, so why has Rondon lasted so long?

@ForeverBlue92 The Gordon thing, he only did it because it was the easy sub

But look, he did it, fine, and it worked in that Richarlison scored and we took the lead.

But then Benitez HAD to change it again, he just had to. The shape was not working, we had nothing in midfield. Rondon is like playing with 9 men never mind 10.

The main issue is the ludicrous set-piece set-up and that's all on Benitez. It's been an issue his entire career.

The set piece set up didn't result in us conceding 3 goals in 15 minutes from open play.

Wake up mate - we have a crap squad with a weak mentality and when 3 of our 4 defenders are all out of form shock horror we dont defend well.

Keane has been a disgrace since game one gifting Southampton a goal

Godfrey has been awful

Digne has been garbage

But its all on the manager of course it is.

I didnt think it was either right or wrong in all honesty
durr.gif

As a matchgoing blue, it seemed painfully obvious to me that the mentally frail excuses we have for professionals were largely to blame yesterday....that and the shambles of keeping Marcel Brands in a job.

Benitez brings on Richarlison, he scores. Demarai Gray is carrying a knock, Iwobi comes on to avoid messing with the system that put us ahead in the game.

What does Tom Davies knocking the ball out under no pressure and the subsequent feckless defending have to do with Benitez?

I'm pretty sure he can't lobotomise Michael Keane so he's mentally strong at elite sports. I'm certain he didn't pay £35m for that POS Iwobi who's having a merry old time at the final whistle.

Do you think he was desperate to bring Rondon in, or that he had to gamble as it was the only financially feasible option due to rank incompetence over several years by our DOF?

Don't fall into the trap of blaming Benitez because he said stuff when most these players were in primary school.

The true perpetrators are dossers like Keane, Digne, Davies, Iwobi who have spent years being spineless.

They, along with Gomes, Delph, and he who shall not be named are poor excuses for elite level footballers and they're stealing a wage... Now we have Rondon to add to the daylight robbery brigade.

If we really need to direct ire, it should be at the players and DOF who are literal stains on our club and complete cowards. How anyone can let issues of the past undermine the true villains of today... it's frustrating.

The manager is absolutely to blame for how much poorer our defending is than last year.

We've changed away from things that worked because he's too stubborn to accept other methods might be better than his outdated ones.

I can't take anyone defending this manager seriously. You can't support Benitez and have ambition for the club to improve. I'm sorry, but these arguments are fantasy land stuff. It isn't going to magically come good under a manager who thinks Rondon deserves 90 minutes every week.

Yes I go along with that. I actually think we have to look at up to 2-2 and after 2-2 separately. And they are the 2 problems Benitez.

Up to 2-2 the issue is set pieces. I can see and accept an argument Mina helps. That it's not necessarily his zonal system, but the personnel within it that's the problem. I'm not saying I completely agree, but if you put Mina where Godfrey was for the West Ham and 1st goal yesterday, we probably dont concede. Whatever happens though, we have to get better at this.

The 2nd point, is a completely different discussion. Against Villa and yesterday we just collapse. People just seem to lose their heads. How are we leaving Keane 2 v 1 in a game we are drawing about 1 minute after conceding? Why are we trying to dribble out of our penalty box into 2 of our players? We just imploded. The manager really has to put an end to that.

I've watched some real dross over the years, but I have seen us implode, against such a poor opponent like that before. I've seen us lose by 5/6/7 before at places like Arsenal, Chelsea, United etc, but they were champions or title challengers.

Benitez needs to address these two things quite quickly. A lot of the other stuff is good. I think the Rondon stuff is a red herring. We are attacking well enough in general, but defensively there are some major issues.
Well, it's as you say 'personnel'. If Benitez had inherited the right personnel at the back his trademark defensive tightness gets repeated here. We have one adequate CB at the club. If he isn't on the pitch we are a disaster waiting to happen.

The two problems you identify are linked: if we have solid set up for set pieces then the discipline is also there to stay in shape and not chase after games.

We need professional centre backs...amongst other players.

Well, it's as you say 'personnel'. If Benitez had inherited the right personnel at the back his trademark defensive tightness gets repeated here. We have one adequate CB at the club. If he isn't on the pitch we are a disaster waiting to happen.

The two problems you identify are linked: if we have solid set up for set pieces then the discipline is also there to stay in shape and not chase after games.

Morning Mr Kenwright

Well Ped who was at the game didn't agree that the sub was wrong as Gordon was fading and I didn't agree that the sub was wrong either so assume a good portion of GP didn't either.

Just because a handful of Geordies are desperate to make Gordon something he isn't doesn't make the managers deicison wrong.

Richarlison comes on and scores in minutes - Gordon could have played 180 minutes and was never scoring.

Thats the difference - be annoyed at the sub fine but booing it? Come on thats embarrassing which our fans have been for months.

Singing about Carlo dying

Abusive banners aimed at the current manager

Calling for a managers head after losing a pre season game.

We're a banter club now and the neanderthals cant see it.
Your heads fell off mate. Wow, Ped said, he must be right.

Rightly booed because we have a someone who’s clearly nowhere near good enough leading the line and is seemingly immune from being substituted.

And now turning on the fans to protect a Kopite. The fans are the only good thing this club has going for it, and you attacking them is embarrassing.

Ancelotti managed to make us defensively solid but it wasn't enough for people. Benitez ships goals left right and centre but he avoids criticism.

The arguments are tedious. We are now at a point where Benitez gets credit for any win, but when we lose he gets zero blame and we blame everyone down to the kit man instead.

It's a sad state of affairs, you can only laugh at the state of the club and the opinions of our fans. We are a complete joke and people need to realise quickly what is going on here. The club has lost its entire identity in only a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.