2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how you dont mention Gray and Townsend when hammering the manager who had £1.7m to spend on 5 players this summer.

Very funny.
Its not funny. He gets credit for those and criticism for Rondon. More so the fact he won't sub him even when he is so tired he cant run.

The fact you won't criticise that shows you have an agenda.

I've not written nobody off - I dont know if he's ready but neither do you or anybody else on here.

The only ones who would have an idea are the ones who aint selecting him.
So why do you refer to him as Cristiano Dobbin ? You don’t know what he’s like . He would get the support from the fans , young lad coming on . As they all do .

I'm starting to get indifferent. We got a bag full of money, but spent it on completely useless players. We have a management that has no idea how to run a football club. Decisions are largely based on impulses and ad hoc solutions.

The players are gray and dull, and mostly indifferent themselves. We hire Benitez who is considered one of the best when it comes to defensive organization, but we manage to concede 5 goals against Watford at Goodison. I miss Gareth Farrelly. Much easier times.

But again, when we had a couple of victories, it was too early to declare Benitez a genius, and now that the results have not been very good, it is too early to claim that Benitez is useless.

Im pretty certain if DCL or even Josh King was on the bench Rondon would have been taken off.

But of course Cristiano Dobbin how can I forget. Listen our options are limited so slagging the manager off over decisions such as whether to bring Gbamin or Dobbin on is hilarious to anyone not with an agenda.

I can't keep a straight face reading these comments from fans who are open in their hatred of the manager from the moment he was hired, the same ones who've called him a fat pig, Kopite etc trying to be somewhat legimate with their "criticisms"

Put a suit and tie on Nigel Farage and he's still a blert - we can all window dress an agenda to make it palatable.

So Benitez thought it was better keeping Rondon on and play with with 10 men because Rondon was absolutely awful and contributed nothing. I actually felt sorry for him watching him trying to keep up with play, the amount of times we would break away and he would amble upfield like he was about 30 stone.

whether Dobbin is ready or not at least he would have ran around and tried to make a nuisance of himself, saying that, Dobbin could have come on and stood still and he would have still done more than Rondon.

So why do you refer to him as Cristiano Dobbin ? You don’t know what he’s like . He would get the support from the fans , young lad coming on . As they all do .

Because the fans are carrying on like Benitez has some experienced player on the bench who he is just refusing to play out of spite when he doesnt.

Ancelotti had an international player in Josh King sat on the bench who scored a hat trick yesterday and nearly joined Man Utd 2 years ago.

We've got an 18 year old or whatever kid with 5 minutes of professional football under his belt - its not the same thing and its the managers job to protect young players and make sure their confidence isn't shattered by feeding them to the wolves too soon if they are not yet ready.

Rondons an experienced old head coming to the end of his career - he can take abuse on social media and twitter and in the ground if he's crap - putting Dobbin in that situation isn't the same and anyone with sense can understand that.

God it's pa
I'm starting to get indifferent. We got a bag full of money, but spent it on completely useless players. We have a management that has no idea how to run a football club. Decisions are largely based on impulses and ad hoc solutions.

The players are gray and dull, and mostly indifferent themselves. We hire Benitez who is considered one of the best when it comes to defensive organization, but we manage to concede 5 goals against Watford at Goodison. I miss Gareth Farrelly. Much easier times.

But again, when we had a couple of victories, it was too early to declare Benitez a genius, and now that the results have not been very good, it is too early to claim that Benitez is useless.
Sanest poster on here.

I too miss Gareth Farrelly.

Anyway, Benitez has a job on that's for sure. But so would most managers given the context described.

The absolute cynic in me still thinks he's, in part, been appointed because fans will very quickly turn on him for failings because he's an ex-Red manager. I.e. he's a shield for their failings.

I think, no matter how folk feel about him, we can all see the wider issues at the club.

This is the point, 50% of the supporters in the the stadium would have been a better option up front than rondon, never mind dobbin or even holgate on the bench. The guy is either miles away from being fit, or his legs have gone permanently. He offers NOTHING on the pitch, he cant keep up with play, he cant hold the ball up, he cant manipulate his leg muscles properly to direct a proper shot at goal. He really is as bad as the old lad who sits at the bar and smokes 20 fags a day. Starting this lad, and keeping him on for 90 mins is a sackable offence. I cant back a manger who is going to persist with a player whose best days are long gone and who isn't fit enough for sunday league football.

One more defeat in the next 2 games and i think the board will seriously consider replacing him (no idea who with) but i also dont think changing the manager will do much, thats not to say i like or want him here. What an absolute mess the the decision makers at this club have put us in.
This can only be solved by multiple heads rolling not just the managers.

The first bullet should fired at Brands

Oh look....... Top target of the day for our 5-2 loss is the manager......

Was Rafael in charge last year for our similarly embarrassing losses to Fulham and Sheff United?

Was he in charge the year before that for our embarrassing 5-2 loss to Liverpool?

No.... That was 2 different managers. It's just that we had the same undercurrent of cowards in our squad.

The character of the players is pathetic. So inconsistent in their application.

We got beat because we allowed Watford to outwork us, make the second balls, make the runs......

Can't keep firing managers whilst we have a core of pathetic players who could get a prime Alex Ferguson sacked.
If Benitez isn't responsible for performances and results what is he responsible for?

Do you think he made the right decisions on substitutions yesterday?

Do you think our marking of set pieces was acceptable? Who chose our defensive system?

You were happy to praise Benitez when he got a draw, not even a victory, at Old Trafford with essentially the same players. Why was that performance down to Benitez but yesterday's horror show was out of his control?

says it all about our mentality, Watford go up against one of the best teams in the world, our neighbours, and get thrashed, and then come here and play like world-beaters. We on the other hand get squeaked past by our old manager, and then come here needing a win to get back to our best and instead we now look adrift in mid table after one of the worst performances I've ever seen.
They didn't play like world beaters, we rolled over for a poor side.

Status
Not open for further replies.