2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's garbage.

But there's no point fuming at him.

Fume at the inept setup which has allowed Rondon to happen.

Evertons board through their atrocious recruitment over a prolonged spell.

Their managerial pick who, having worked closely with him for years - felt he was up to competing in the Prem.

I vote for him to start up front next game, far more mobile and will be less of a fish out of water than Rondon

Wish we had a team with the likes of "and its Carp who sprays a lovely ball outside to Gold with Fish on the overlap. Fish squares the to Pike who chips the ball into the box for the tall frame of Thomas Tad-Pole who knocks it down to his diminutive strike partner Shrimp to slot home"
"It's a great consolation goal for Everton though they'll still unfortunately lose their opening game at BMD 9-1 against Manchester City"

Wish we had a team with the likes of "and its Carp who sprays a lovely ball outside to Gold with Fish on the overlap. Fish squares the to Pike who chips the ball into the box for the tall frame of Thomas Tad-Pole who knocks it down to his diminutive strike partner Shrimp to slot home"
"It's a great consolation goal for Everton though they'll still unfortunately lose their opening game at BMD 9-1 against Manchester City"
I’d go to any plaice to witness this

He's garbage.

Their managerial pick who, having worked closely with him for years - felt he was up to competing in the Prem.
There's enough hate in my heart for Rondon, Benitez, Brands and Moshiri!

He's garbage.

Think this one is all on the manager myself personally.
He will have been the one telling people the lad could do a job.

He's garbage.

Benitez really, really wanted Rondon though mate.

I'm not saying that if we had £15m to spend on a striker that he'd have been that person. But Benitez had a hard-on for him. We wanted him in July but Dalian wanted money. It was only persistence on Rondon's part that ensured we got him on a free, but make no mistake he'll be on far bigger wages than any of us would think he'd be worth.

The club gave Benitez full autonomy on transfers. Yes, with £1.7m budget and yes that's a disgrace, and yes, Townsend and Gray have been good additions.

We'll never know for sure, but even if we had £40m to spend at the end of the window and had brought a RB and winger in, Rondon would have still been the striker we went for, because Benitez loves him.

@whiteshadow I was assuming the middle finger was for stating the obvious about Rondon being an absolute joke..

Then I realised you had a little early morning middle finger twitch if anyone dared to question Benitez or as I called him, a "has been".

I just think it's a bit disingenuous when people go round saying managers are dinosaurs.

I've seen people say the same about other managers to be proved wrong. Good managers don't become bad overnight.

I don't have any issue with people criticising Benitez. I don't like people using personal insults. It's immature and people resort to personal attacks when they haven't got valid arguments.

I just find it hilarious when people expect miracles from Benitez when he's had 1.7m to spend and barely any time to work with the squad.

Someone even tried arguing that because past managers had spent loads of money Benitez should be getting results, despite the fact we all know that most of our players are rubbish and we have zero squad depth.

Then to make it even funnier the same, super critical posters make out anyone who 'gives Benitez' fair chance' is a Benitez fan boy and a RS. It's amazing how delusional people can be in not seeing how biased their own viewpoints are. Doubly so when those posters try making out it's everyone else who is biased.

Maybe that's why some people defend Benitez strongly because they get annoyed that many aren't even prepared to give him a decent chance, despite claiming they do?

PS. Yeah, you're right about Rondon being an absolute joke.

Think this one is all on the manager myself personally.
He will have been the one telling people the lad could do a job.

It was the goal to have him in for the US tour.

Maybe that would have helped his fitness but Dalian wanted money because he wasn't on a free. This nonsense that people keep pedalling that 'well who else was on a free' needs to stop. Rondon wasn't out of contract, he basically had to negotiate his way out at Dalian.

My worry with him wasn't just the fitness. It was that he was 31 (now 32), had been in China and Russia for 2 years in a pandemic and just wasn't going to be very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.