Moyes or Benitez ???

Who would you prefer now ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deffo … but it’s a valid question I think. Moyes has proved that when given time and a little backing at the right time he is quite good at fashioning a competitive team, do we give Benitez the time to do that here or would fans prefer to boot him and replace yet another manager.

Moyes cut and run. Benitez required some bottle to take over our club, spent no money but brought in two great players then suffered the cruellest of injury problems with our three best players. He and the team will come good…..

I always say, if only Moyes had been afforded even half the money our must recent managers were allowed to spunk up the wall. The fella deserved a chance at winning things with us, shame he wasn't given the tools to do so.

Moyes would have come in, struggled as he implemented his system and figured out which players fit, and been sacked before he could do anything.

Moyes cut and run. Benitez required some bottle to take over our club, spent no money but brought in two great players then suffered the cruellest of injury problems with our three best players. He and the team will come good…..
100% this
I cannot people are questioning Raf given his spend, the squad he inherited and the injuries he has had AND the great start we had

The thing about Moyes is we know how possessive he is about his recruitment. So the players signed at West Ham in his tenure would probably have been considered, had he come in instead of Ancelotti.

(Let's ignore the fact that Moshiri would have insisted on bringing in Coutinho or something idiotic)

Craig Dawson - we would have gone mad, treated it like a return to Lucas Neil
Lingard loan - we would have gone mad, can't believe we have a billionaire owner only to revert to United rejects on loan
Benrahma - 20m for a championship winger? When we have Antony Gordon?
Coufal - okay this one we likely would have been okay with, god we need a right back
Soucek - probably no complaints here, some on GOT upset that he isn't Witsel
Vlasic and Zouma - probably everyone would have been happy to have them back

The thing about Moyes is we know how possessive he is about his recruitment. So the players signed at West Ham in his tenure would probably have been considered, had he come in instead of Ancelotti.

(Let's ignore the fact that Moshiri would have insisted on bringing in Coutinho or something idiotic)

Craig Dawson - we would have gone mad, treated it like a return to Lucas Neil
Lingard loan - we would have gone mad, can't believe we have a billionaire owner only to revert to United rejects on loan
Benrahma - 20m for a championship winger? When we have Antony Gordon?
Coufal - okay this one we likely would have been okay with, god we need a right back
Soucek - probably no complaints here, some on GOT upset that he isn't Witsel
Vlasic and Zouma - probably everyone would have been happy to have them back
All well & good at W HAM who got a free ground & we have blown i/2 a billion on rubbish before RB started plus paying for a new Ground .....

I wish we could have had this choice at the start of the season, 100% Moyes over Benitez, what has Rafael brought to the club/team that no one else could?

Rondon, just that signing alone should see him kicked down Goodison Road let alone play the absolute clown for 90 mins every game.
For one free signing Rondon, I raise you 1.7m in Demarai Gray and Andros Townsend. 1.7m for 3 outfield players, 2 good, 1 bad so far. One of the good outfield player will be worth at least 20m to 30m by end of the season if he keeps up his form. And it's not even like Rondon was brought in to be a starter. Injuries to DCL and Richarlison forced his hand. It's not as if he has a Rooney waiting in the reserves. It's easy to point out problems without context or the need to provide solutions eh.

He cost himself and us repeatedly in the trophy department. He was directly responsible for our loss in the 2009 FA Cup final. Just like he and his tactics where also responsible for our pathetic record against the "big four" sides under his stewardship. His knife to a gunfight BS attitude infected the club is one of the biggest reasons we got into the rut that we still can't get out of to this day.
I would agree with a lot of that. I think the injuries obviously didn't help, with regards to that FA Cup final. But games like the first leg against Fiorentina, and that defeat to a poor rs team at Wembley in 2012, define the Moyes era for me really. He built a very competitive team with a high work ethic, but they just hadn't the bottle to win a trophy sadly. The fact that threads like this are appearing, is a bit depressing alright!

How have we done in all those FA Cup finals since? We were playing a far better side with our 3 best players out injured.

Our record away at the ‘big four’ hasn’t improved one bit since he left (Was rubbish before he joined too) - I’m not counting the empty stadium games as they didn’t represent the real challenge those games present.
We did win at anfield a few months ago. It may not count to you, but it sure does to me. Do rs fans disregard their title win, because it was presented at an empty anfield?

For one free signing Rondon, I raise you 1.7m in Demarai Gray and Andros Townsend. 1.7m for 3 outfield players, 2 good, 1 bad so far. One of the good outfield player will be worth at least 20m to 30m by end of the season if he keeps up his form. And it's not even like Rondon was brought in to be a starter. Injuries to DCL and Richarlison forced his hand. It's not as if he has a Rooney waiting in the reserves. It's easy to point out problems without context or the need to provide solutions eh.

Or you could have said "You`d point out his failings because you didnt want him here" And you would be right.

One manager wont stop me supporting the team and I want him to succeed for Everton but I dont think he can turn this around with how the club is.

Or you could have said "You`d point out his failings because you didnt want him here" And you would be right.

One manager wont stop me supporting the team and I want him to succeed for Everton but I dont think he can turn this around with how the club is.
Time will tell if he can. At the very least we both can agree he does seem to be working hard to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.