Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so 2 big mistakes but more to the point our general play is pretty bad.

Too many players who are not technically good especially our defenders can’t move with the ball and don’t make angles for each other, something only Fabian Delph looked to do, which got us back into it.

Sorry lads but Ben Godfrey is not the defender many make him out to be. As a midfielder he can carry the ball and has great recovery but as a defender he hasn’t the mentality for it.

We never tried to find Richarlison early despite some really good runs he was making.

Perhaps we can have a new rule that the first 20 minutes don't count? Delph surprisingly positive (despite a few loose ends). Something wrong with a manager who left so many holes in the first half formation. Better second half, but it felt like the game plan at the start was to look for a draw. Need to put them on the back foot.

Spurs. Oh god.

People saying we were brilliant in the second half, it's bloody wolves they're a little bit less shyte that's all. Took their foot off the gas and should of scored another couple still on top of the 7 they should of scored in the first half.

Three losses on the bounce now.

Didn't this happen last season around about the same time as well?
Same last few seasons. Been in a few teams and experienced, certain players consistently terrible and not dropped, young lads stagnated and frustrated. Teamwork, cohesion, effort and respect for the manager just disappears. Management panic and lean onto the poor senior players even more, young lads drop off in training etc

Didnt bother watching the second half improvement and I'm not convinced by it either.

More a case of wolves taking there foot off the gas as game won.

That 1st half was despicable from the players, more than the manager, but I don't get how he went with 2 in the middle again?!

Also, can people stop calling us a team - were light years from looking anything like a team, and that's on the manager as well - I thought he would make us hard to break down and difficult to play against?!

Richy won't be staying here much longer with those frauds around him.

I would ask why is Godfrey playing at LB in his current state but there’s not much alternative is there?!
Midfield is the only position he will ever be plausible in. Probably the closest to Doucoure we have in the squad. He’s got great ability to track back quickly, can Carry the ball carry and is strong physically.

Defensively, he hasn’t the concentration or positioning.

Much as it pains me to say it, Delph coming on for the second half made a big difference. I went Pickford MoM for preventing a more embarasing half time score. Their second goal was a combination of sloppiness by Godfrey and laziness from Holgate.

WE could have got something out of the game in the second half because the team started showing some fight for a change. I know it won't be a popular opinion but I thought Iwobi had a decent game as well as scoring his customary goal against Wolves.

Status
Not open for further replies.