Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharpening_Steel_App1_480x480.jpg

I'm sorry.

This is the same squad - because as people like to point out James could never stay fit so 'wasn't a big loss anyway' (apparently) and they hated Sigurdssson too - as last season, except we have a back-up striker, and two wingers which we didn't have last year.

This squad was in with a chance of Europe until the last day - and it should have had Europe boxed off if not for daft home results.

This squad is bad but it is not relegation fodder. No way.
Nobody is expecting relegation!

There's no guarantee of anything in football but at least there's a chance of improvement and a bit of hope. Any semi competent professional manager could make us better defensively. The defensive organisation is shambolic and it shows how inept the manager is.

There are about 1000 managers i would have over Benitez. Anyone half decent has a better chance of success as the mood would immediately lift. There is a cloud over the club. I cant even watch this team play anymore because they make me too disappointed and frustrated. They are the opposite of what Everton sides need to be.

Fair enough. Who would you have?

All of which suggests that...our squad just isn't strong enough for anything other than, hopefully, mid table even with Champions League managers at the helm.

And this is the nub of the problem: our recruitment has been utterly disastrous. Benitez has big problems from where I'm sitting, but the real problems at the club go way higher and far deeper...
They do, agreed. But we look abject right now. Players are shot of confidence. He is the manager and its his job to sort that. Mid table is minimum expectation as its the same squad as last season with some of his own additions minus a couple of players that a) he wanted rid of and b) a lot of the fanbase wanted rid of.

Injuries are bad luck, but like I say, we had then last season as well and we're able to find some solutions.

Benitez on taking off Gbamin at half time
The reason why is we were looking for a change, Delph has the spirit. He can pass the ball, is comfortable receiving the ball & making the people around him play. We were needing this

Benitez on Everton's lack of character in 1st half
I was surprised because I know the team is working very hard & can see the players' intensity in training sessions is quite good... Maybe we are missing some players but we can still fight in the way that we did in the 2nd half"

Just said in the relegation thread, won’t happen this season but the signs are there that it could happen in the near future if we don’t stop the rot.
I wouldnt be so sure. Within a couple of months, we could be straggling around the bottom. Where are the points coming from in the next 7/8 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.