Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kane on a new lease of life v Keane and Holgate.

Good god.
please tell me mina and digne both fit, for me just showed how flawed the cm is so unmobile is a joke. Would hope he goes with a 3 allan delph davies/gomes best we can do at the minute. Has to take both holgate and godfrey out then tough call on starting gordon or gray for me

If we could had only play the first half the way we did the second half. I’m afraid of how toxic the environment is going to get here and at the stadium. So be kind to each other Blues, there are bigger things than football.
You are absolutely correct @Sassy Colombian, but not where football is concerned.
On second thoughts, I am not sure what Everton do, but I know it will never replace football.
Irrespective, I always love your reasoned posts, so, keep posting, and stay safe.

It really is a stretch to blame much of the past two weeks on Benitez. Our team is Championship quality at the moment and that all comes down to Brands. To spend as much money as we have and be absolutely crippled by a few injuries is inexcusable. Just happens to be our luck that the injuries are to most of our best players.
Spot on, both of them being injured at the same time..
No cover for DCL, no cover for either full back, no option to cover for The Duke....... Jeez, I could go on (and usually do), but, like yourself, I have no idea whatsoever what this Dutch weed peddling waster does to keep his job.
Oh, silly of me, as I forgot he was a whizz in the high tension league in Holland.

Coleman looks finished, and his mood isn't helping either.
Didn't provide the responses the team needed from the captain tonight for sure, to be balanced he started the season well and we missed him when he was injured but tonight was just shocking, him and Keane especially looked frightened to death to have the ball at their feet

We made a fight of it in the second half but we can't have a crap first half every week and expect to get results.
It was the second half last week though.
Your point though is absolutely correct, as I am just being pedantic, is the fact we do NOT play well in both halves, and that will be punished at any level. As it most certainly being proven on a far too consistent basis.

If Wolves were playing anybody else, they'd have blown that.

They started flapping and making unforced errors as soon as Everton scored, and Trincao's miss was the 'will they rue that?' moment that usually precedes a late equaliser.

Instead, their keeper made a grand total of one save in the last 20-odd minutes.

Ben Godfrey is clearly struggling with the after effects of Covid-19. Very sad to see how much he has deteriorated.

It goes without saying but we are desperately missing our best midfielder Doucoure and our leading goalscorer DCL.

As Evertonians we are known for our patience and our ability to be logical and reasonable in the face of adversity, so I don’t think many blues will be calling for Benitez’s head when we’re still in the top 10. Even Carlo Ancelotti, the most decorated manager in history, could only get us 10th.

I wasn’t surprised by last night’s defeat away to the most in-form team in the country. What worries me is that we are struggling to win our home games, sometimes against mediocre opposition like Watford. If you can’t win at home against Watford when you’ve got all the fans right behind you then where can you win? Certainly not at Man City, where we play in a couple of weeks.

Another worrying thing to note is that our players seem to be giving their absolute all, which is all we as fans can ask of them. The bottom line is that they simply aren’t good enough. That’s frightening really. The likes of Koeman and Silva wasted a lot of money and made a lot of poor decisions.

Ben Godfrey is clearly struggling with the after effects of Covid-19. Very sad to see how much he has deteriorated.

It goes without saying but we are desperately missing our best midfielder Doucoure and our leading goalscorer DCL.

As Evertonians we are known for our patience and our ability to be logical and reasonable in the face of adversity, so I don’t think many blues will be calling for Benitez’s head when we’re still in the top 10. Even Carlo Ancelotti, the most decorated manager in history, could only get us 10th.

I wasn’t surprised by last night’s defeat to the most in-form team in the country. What worries me is that we are struggling to win our home games, sometimes against mediocre opposition like Watford. If you can’t win at home when you’ve got all the fans right behind you then where can you win?
Another worrying thing to note is that our players seem to be giving their absolute all, which is all we as fans can ask of them. The bottom line is that they simply aren’t good enough. The likes of Koeman and Silva wasted a lot of money and made a lot of poor decisions.
What

They are all giving their all? Did you watch the first half?

I dont think we won a tackle till the second half

Status
Not open for further replies.