Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Delph; It shows you how poor both sides were in the 2nd half - we were just, by a short head less poorer, all he did (maybe it was all he needed to do or can do for that matter) was get the ball, run with it a bit and mostly find a blue shirt with it...It was hardly Maradona leaving Reidy trailing in his wake

If Wolves were playing anybody else, they'd have blown that.

They started flapping and making unforced errors as soon as Everton scored, and Trincao's miss was the 'will they rue that?' moment that usually precedes a late equaliser.

Instead, their keeper made a grand total of one save in the last 20-odd minutes.

Maybe - but overall Wolves have been improving performance wise for a while and are finally seeing a few results from it.

We have probably won a few despite the overall performances not being great and that luck has now run out.

Ben Godfrey is clearly struggling with the after effects of Covid-19. Very sad to see how much he has deteriorated.

It goes without saying but we are desperately missing our best midfielder Doucoure and our leading goalscorer DCL.

As Evertonians we are known for our patience and our ability to be logical and reasonable in the face of adversity, so I don’t think many blues will be calling for Benitez’s head when we’re still in the top 10. Even Carlo Ancelotti, the most decorated manager in history, could only get us 10th.

I wasn’t surprised by last night’s defeat away to the most in-form team in the country. What worries me is that we are struggling to win our home games, sometimes against mediocre opposition like Watford. If you can’t win at home against Watford when you’ve got all the fans right behind you then where can you win? Certainly not at Man City, where we play in a couple of weeks.

Another worrying thing to note is that our players seem to be giving their absolute all, which is all we as fans can ask of them. The bottom line is that they simply aren’t good enough. That’s frightening really. The likes of Koeman and Silva wasted a lot of money and made a lot of poor decisions.
The voice of reason!

We are still in the top 10 and we have just two fewer points than we had at this stage last season - and we had the most decorated manager in history at the helm!

Benitez spent just £2million in the summer and he has had extraordinary luck with injuries. We have missed DCL and Doucoure particularly acutely in recent weeks. Even the likes of Man City wouldn’t thrive if they were without their top goalscorer and their best midfielder for weeks.

If R.A.F.A. can’t arrest this slide within the next 5 or 6 weeks and it looks like we will be at risk of relegation then of course we will have to consider a change, but I can’t see that being the case. This is a long-term project. Only rich clubs like Chelsea can get away with changing their managers every other season.

Last edited:

The voice of reason!

We are still in the top 10 and we have just two fewer points than we had at this stage last season - and we had the most decorated manager in history at the helm!

Benitez spent just £2million in the summer and he has had extraordinary luck with injuries. We have missed DCL and Doucoure particularly acutely in recent weeks. Even the likes of Man City wouldn’t thrive if they were without their top goalscorer and their best midfielder for weeks.

If R.A.F.A. can’t arrest this slide within the next 5 or 6 weeks and it looks like we will be at risk of relegation then of course we will have to consider a change, but I can’t see that being the case. This is a long-term project. Only rich clubs like Chelsea can get away with changing their managers every other season.

What you say is one of the most logical post about Benitez. And I think we would've been slightly more forgiving if Benitez didn't have such fond red connection.

The chances are the next 5 or 6 weeks, we might not get the results we want because the fixtures are really tough. And I'm worried if you sack Benitez, no good manager would want to come to this mess. And Brands get his way and hire "his" manager and we will continuously recruit players offered to us by agents and these players would only come here solely for a better payday. And the whole cycle continues.

Just found out the score...and am SO proud of our brave brave lionhearts: to limit a quality side like Wolves to just a 1 goal differential win is a result that, were I offered it pre-match, I would have bitten your hand off. Our quality leaders, Blue Bill, Mosh-man, Marcel and Denise will be absolutely expecting a packed out GP for our next game....and they will get it. Us supporters follow a bunch of winners; oh maybe not on the footie field, but in the community we are tops. I cannot wait for our Blue Chrimbo celebrations...

NSNO

When Pickford made the second save after 12 mins, I jibbed it off, I knew we were giving a normal crap performance. Sounds like I made the right call.

Status
Not open for further replies.