Why on earth did we sell James Rodriguez?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. He was trashing Benitez for not giving him a chance. He defo wanted to play.

He didn’t even know who we were playing.

Let alone trashing Benitez. Jetted off before the final game, when we had a chance to qualify for Europe (albeit very slim), regularly went off on the sick.

Why am I explaining this again? Ugh. If he wanted to play, he’s have pulled his finger out. He didn’t.

a truly world class player? (Maybe 5 years ago but that’s long gone)……. That now plys his trade in Qatar because no team in Europe showed any willing in taking him on. Have a look how many games he has been fit for since he went to play for Al Rayyan and think on.

He didn’t even know who we were playing.

Let alone trashing Benitez. Jetted off before the final game, when we had a chance to qualify for Europe (albeit very slim), regularly went off on the sick.

Why am I explaining this again? Ugh. If he wanted to play, he’s have pulled his finger out. He didn’t.
His stats / performances were pretty good last season though? Albeit he had some injuries

hes such a good player that elite clubs from all over europe were queuing up to sign him.
al rayaad from the qatari 2nd division are so lucky.

He's built a career on being good at Porto and then showing flashes of brilliance every so often in addition to his World Cup goal in 2014.

Also injury prone players who've played their entire career in slower leagues tend to struggle when they end up in the Premier League. He's got good PR you can give him that.

That and the fact that he never gave the impression that he ever wanted to be here, once Ancelotti was gone it was only a matter of time before he went.

hes such a good player that elite clubs from all over europe were queuing up to sign him.
al rayaad from the qatari 2nd division are so lucky.
Don't besmirch the good name of Al-Rayyan!

Of all the things to criticise the club about, the decision to lose James is not one of the biggest issues and I'm a fan.

I prefer to look at the underperforming Brands, the appointment of a problem manager, the poor handling of our FFP constraints, the paucity of quality beyond the first 11 with special mention of the neglect paid to full back cover/ replacements to mention just a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.