2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is though, people like yourself will keep saying that, give it a few more weeks.

Except he isn't playing now. Richy is, first choice so rondon will sit on the bench not getting match time , then soon after third choice.

So there will always be an excuse , rather than admitting he is finished
I think you'll find he's gonna get alot more minutes this season

Rondon, we signed him on a free transfer last month.
Just a thought Kev, remember the discussion you had with me at the time we signed Rondon, I expressed concern at signing a 32 year old who hadn’t played top class football for 2 years and giving him a 2 year contract? You took issue with me because I said he was 32 but he was only 31 years and 50 weeks old, you also said he was ‘a great bit of business’ do you still think that is the case?

Just a thought Kev, remember the discussion you had with me at the time we signed Rondon, I expressed concern at signing a 32 year old who hadn’t played top class football for 2 years and giving him a 2 year contract? You took issue with me because I said he was 32 but he was only 31 years and 50 weeks old, you also said he was ‘a great bit of business’ do you still think that is the case?
do you mean right back when we first signed him Roy?
god it'so long ago I seem to remember something about him having no preseason, and that he was a back up free transfer, but it's all so long ago

Gbamin needs to be managed correctly.

Simply he needs game time but currently if Benitez continues to play 2 in midfield while Doucoure is out then Gbamin will struggle just like he did against Wolves.

Verses Spurs they will have a 3 man midfield and 2 wing backs if they line up as Conte wants so we need to match them body for body.

Delph - Allan - Gbamin would work better if Gbamin just sits

Simply he needs game time but currently if Benitez continues to play 2 in midfield while Doucoure is out then Gbamin will struggle just like he did against Wolves.

Verses Spurs they will have a 3 man midfield and 2 wing backs if they line up as Conte wants so we need to match them body for body.

Yes sits in the stand!

I think we’ll have Delph (sitting), Allan and Townsend in midfield at the weekend.

That midfield trio gives me pain.

We simply can't allow another player to make mistakes and get themselves up to speed with a mini pre season. The situation we are in is currently very precarious.

He should really be playing every u23 game for sharpness, unsworth won't mind.

He's so off the pace it stands out a mile away.

Status
Not open for further replies.