Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have a red if not a pen, last man bringing a forward down preventing him fro scoring.

We were robbed. Everton should complaian to the FA.

Never been the rule regardless of last man.

Also, it was a genuine attempt at the ball so wouldn't have been a red regardless.

Bin off the whole clear and obvious idea. It isnt legitimate. It wasnt a pen as he got his hand to it. Seeing loads of blues saying "never clear and obvious" ignoring the fact that he did get the ball. If it was a bad outcome then p[eople would saying its a pen all day long and not even mentioning clear and obvious.

As I said, we'd be absolutely livid if that was given against us.
Only complaint i have with the decision was fact richy had the ball under control and lloris was out of his goal when the ref blew it up.
Shouldve let play continue then checked, denied us a goalscoring opp

The commentator on my stream summed up how ridiculous football punditry is gone.. on the Holgate red... "at full speed it looks like his momentum carries him through but in slow motion it appears he has time to pull out"
I don't even know where to start with the critical analysis of that comment.

I ain't even gonna argue about that. We deserved more, but got what we got, cos that was about right in the end. Nowt up front really. Not sure still on the pen, although how they got the bloody ball back after it annoys me, considering their 'keeper was off his line and Richy had possession. No advantage now or what? And Holgate, I literally shouted well done Mason, until I saw the slo-mo. I thought it was a great, must win tackle, until the follow through. Allan, Richy, Delph, Gray, Coleman, hell, all of them, put a shift in today, which is all I ever ask.

Key points
Rafael is still clueless
All prem refs are crap and incompetent
Holgate sub was comical
No positives to take away
Hip hip hooray we got a point...

Proud of the team today...we did not win but we played with a lot of intensity for the whole 90 minutes...let's face it our squad compare to spurs is a joke...so not bad considering.

Only complaint i have with the decision was fact richy had the ball under control and lloris was out of his goal when the ref blew it up.
Shouldve let play continue then checked, denied us a goalscoring opp

Yup, agree with that. Said at the time to someone on here he could have let play go, see if a goal comes and then bring it back.
Good referee's would have given it a few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.