2021/22 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a really stupid tackle but its a harsh red. Another one where there is little consistency shown.
Cresswell has just done exactly the same and wasn't given a red.

It was a daft thing not to get his leg out of the way but there was no intent - albeit, intent shouldn't come into it.

The main issue was bringing him on in the first place. No need for it. Mad sub.

Its a really stupid tackle but its a harsh red. Another one where there is little consistency shown.

The bigger issue i have is the level of his performances. They have been consistently terrible for well over a year. He should have been sold in the summer.
Well Norwich and Brighton enquired about him but he didn't want to go, he got over 3 years of his contract so can't force him out

It was a daft thing not to get his leg out of the way but there was no intent - albeit, intent shouldn't come into it.

I'm not watching but my mate literally just sent me that.

The issue i have is his level of performance. He doesnt deserve to play because he is consistently poor. He needs to be moved on because hes had plenty of opportunities.

Stats at West Brom

Attachments

• 20211107_165341.jpg
    20211107_165341.jpg
    837.1 KB · Views: 115

That’s where I have to disagree, I think it was very much intended, (which in itself we need a bit more of in the squad), to me he made absolutely no attempt to mitigate the ‘follow through’ which basically made the VAR and ultimately the refs decision easy.
His trailing leg even came off the floor after he cleared it, turning it into the old ‘out of control’ . That alone signalled his intent. Could have quite easily changed the dynamic of the contact but went studs up instead.
Would have looked better and left more on Hojlberg if he’d pulled his foot back and clatted into to his lower leg with his knee / shin.
Worst thing he was guilty of was a terrible effort at being a snide and signalling his intent.

That’s where I have to disagree, I think it was very much intended, (which in itself we need a bit more of in the squad), to me he made absolutely no attempt to mitigate the ‘follow through’ which basically made the VAR and ultimately the refs decision easy.
His trailing leg even came off the floor after he cleared it, turning it into the old ‘out of control’ . That alone signalled his intent. Could have quite easily changed the dynamic of the contact but went studs up instead.
Would have looked better and left more on Hojlberg if he’d pulled his foot back and clatted into to his lower leg with his knee / shin.
Worst thing he was guilty of was a terrible effort at being a snide and signalling his intent.
He absolutely did intend it.

Hadn't Hojlberg just won the ball off him? I read it as a bit of petulant revenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.