Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumour is that Rafael has personally phoned Insigne

2509C273-A717-4B2E-ABDA-906D9FF1A3AE.jpeg

As Rafael said we have to get creative with the limited budget we have in place.

We need more depth in the squad.

A half injured Ramsey is still better than a Tom Davies and Gbamin.

As has shown, an injury to Allan or Doucoure and we're screwed.

I mean is that true? Gbamin has looked as good as Ramsay when he was fit, surely it's a question of fitness.

Is there not a wider point here though. That we are in a position of needing to be creative, for signing older players, with little sell on, for big wages. Then consider how Ramsay fits into that particular paradigm.

I prefer Pickford, that's just my view. I don't dislike Mendy he is ok but I don't think he is amazing. It's opinions at the end of the day.
The thing that makes it hard for me is Chelsea are so good defensively that Mendy usually has a chance at saving everything. Pickford doesn't get that luxury but also has had stretches as the worst stopper of shots from outside the box around. It'd be interesting if they flipped teams.

Watching Ireland V Portugal, who have Matheus Nunez in central midfield. He looks a real player. Think we might regret not signing him.

Watching Ireland V Portugal, who have Matheus Nunez in central midfield. He looks a real player. Think we might regret not signing him.
There's loads of players we have heavily scouted and not ended up here because our recruitment is dysfunctional too many involved and this past summer we didn't have space in the budget.

Insigne is a very good player buutt if he's entertaining MLS bids he might have lost some drive

Still i think he'd be good for us, was sick at the Euros

Status
Not open for further replies.