Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also as I asked does this factor in contracts ending next summer?

Those figures likely don't factor in the contracts that ended last summer, never mind next one. Even our new set of accounts coming in Dec/Jan still wont show Walcott, Bolaise etc off the payroll.

Accounts and likely these figures are based on our accounts up to 19/20, what's in the public domain in terms of figures is generally a year and half behind where we are now - which likely isn't great either, its likely worse then above sadly.

Last edited:
Those figures likely don't factor in the contracts that ended last summer, never mind next one. Even our new set of accounts coming in Dec/Jan still wont show Walcott, Bolaise etc off the payroll.

Accounts and likely these figures are based on our accounts up to 19/20, what's in the public domain in terms of figures is generally a year and half behind where we are now - which likely isn't great either, its likely worse then above sadly.
Does look out of date that being said we probably are up against it and much of it is of the clubs own making

Does look out of date that being said we probably are up against it and much of it is of the clubs own making

I think its actually worse then what posted. In the three years up to 19/20 we had one year we had quite a modest loss by our own standards - remember this is based on a three year cycle. We will loose that year this year for FFP purposes and head into three year cycles of big losses, so i think the figures are worse. Last year 20/21 we had a positive spend of about 70 mill, taking on four new players to the wage bill and with very little coming in, i think it get worse before it gets beater unfortunately, i wouldn't expect much from the next two transfer widows unless we have a big out - which is probably likely..

I think its actually worse then what posted. In the three years up to 19/20 we had one year we had quite a modest loss by our own standards - remember this is based on a three year cycle. We will loose that year this year for FFP purposes and head into three year cycles of big losses, so i think the figures are worse. Last year 20/21 we had a positive spend of about 70 mill, taking on four new players to the wage bill and with very little coming in, i think it get worse before it gets beater unfortunately, i wouldn't expect much from the next two transfer widows unless we have a big out - which is probably likely..
I agree but how do we have a clear out? Apart from letting contracts run down no club will be interested in any of our players unless they are bargain basement prices. We have a handful of good assets in DCL etc. but if they go we are stuffed

I'm deeply shocked at which teams can spend the most money. I'm also very shocked that the team that has tried to bridge the gap the most over the last few years can't spend a bean. If I didn't know any better I'd suspect this system is designed to protect those teams or something.

The system didn’t make us spend £100m on Gylfi Sigurdsson, Cenk Tosun and Alex Iwobi. We have put ourselves in that position. No other club has even come close to accruing the scale of deadwood we have over the years.

If by “would you prefer Kenwright” you mean “would I prefer the club to be run sensibly within its means and not putting ourselves in serious financial jeopardy” then yes, I would actually. Bill was skint and run the club as if he was skint, I wasn’t happy with that and at the time wanted him to sell to someone with more money, but it’s a damn sight better for the long term health of the football club than this car crash we’ve got going on right now.

Our owner is gambling away our football club, ours, the supporters, as if it’s just some disposable toy to him. It sickens me that people are alright with this.

To be honest, Bill sold the family silver, he had no money, not having a go at him here, but we borrowed money on the strength of the next two years season ticket sales and borrowed money from dubious off shore accounts and let that fat rat Phil Green into our club. Moyes saved Everton, no one else, Bill wasn't a good chairman, he was a lucky one, Moyes was the right manager for us at the right time.
I think Moshiri looking back wanted too much too soon and your right on that gambled big on getting it
Hate saying it all the time, but he seems to be the hire and fire type, lost count of the bloody managers we've had during his tenure. But a lot of the players we've bought have been terrible signings, one thing about Moyes as little money as he had, he very rare got it wrong.

If we sold one of them for £80m that would give us about £30m to spend wouldn’t it?

If were down £35mil and sell a player for £80mil then the difference is £45mil. Thats if were ignoring agents/loyalty bonuses etc.

However, if we call it £45mil then in theory we could spend £225mil and show it on the books over 5 years.

If we’re going to run the club like that then I fear the forthcoming relegation and subsequent destruction of the club will be on its way quicker than the 3-5 year period I’ve predicted.

lol

Think Digne and Richarlison will be the big departures in the Summer … possibly even Mina too given his contract situation.

Be sad to see them go (despite Digne never hitting the peaks of his first season since) but thinks it’s something we just have to do at this point.

I have very little faith in our recruitment team replacing them adequately mind you.

Just reading the Digne article makes you think Benitez will want to sell him and bring in a more defensive full back.

Id not be surprised to see us sign 2 pure defenders at full back as under Benitez theyre probably 80% asked to stop players and crosses.

Id take it with a bit of salt to be honest.

Better then i thought though overall - 35 mill.

Some context would be nice, losses up until? We still have to post this year 20/21 figures i.e Jamo, Doucoure, Godfrey and Allan. Then what about capitalized stadium costs - i dont believe we've done that as yet.

Be a bit of detail to clarify in those figures.

There is just the beginning unfortunately we are in for three years of trying to break even and player trading unfortunately unless we have a rabbit we can pull out of the hat.

We had 'zero' last summer.

If we have 'zero' in Jan and 'zero' in the summer id be pretty happy.

Not a fan of just spending money for the sake of it and we can sell numerous squad players to generate funds.

Use this time for players out of contract and youth signings.

Summer 2023 we go on a blitz and bring in 4 first 11 starters.

The system didn’t make us spend £100m on Gylfi Sigurdsson, Cenk Tosun and Alex Iwobi. We have put ourselves in that position. No other club has even come close to accruing the scale of deadwood we have over the years.
It has been criminal stupidity.

If you look up the word “mismanagement” in the dictionary you see this

4A988E9D-E2C6-4479-9629-249869DD1FD4.jpeg

True story

Status
Not open for further replies.