Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to be looking at free transfers for next summer we will have headway on the wage bill with the likes of Cenk, JJK, Sig and Delph gone. Reality is I think Richy will go this next summer and maybe DCL the year after depending on where we are. We need a reset and to be planning for this now not allowing a Lukaku situation where we are scrambling for replacements. A well run club would be looking now.

Insigne is a very good player buutt if he's entertaining MLS bids he might have lost some drive

Still i think he'd be good for us, was sick at the Euros
Honestly he's still really good but I'm not sure how much he has left in the tank. If Napoli win the league this year he'll have won the Euros and Scudetto. If then he wants to go vacation and score 20 a year in America he's earned that.

Sanches I'd take in a heartbeat
Missed out on Dani Alves, back to barca for €1 a week.
IMG-20211112-WA0003.jpg

If were down £35mil and sell a player for £80mil then the difference is £45mil. Thats if were ignoring agents/loyalty bonuses etc.

However, if we call it £45mil then in theory we could spend £225mil and show it on the books over 5 years.

lol

Just reading the Digne article makes you think Benitez will want to sell him and bring in a more defensive full back.

Id not be surprised to see us sign 2 pure defenders at full back as under Benitez theyre probably 80% asked to stop players and crosses.

We had 'zero' last summer.

If we have 'zero' in Jan and 'zero' in the summer id be pretty happy.

Not a fan of just spending money for the sake of it and we can sell numerous squad players to generate funds.

Use this time for players out of contract and youth signings.

Summer 2023 we go on a blitz and bring in 4 first 11 starters.

Its not just about transfer fees or spending mate, it’s taking on a wages, it’s the wage bill making the losses. Essentially what we did, was chop and changed managers essentially every year, let them bring in their own players, couldn’t sell the last mangers players, continued to pay them, let their contracts ran out and haemroged money. We’ve had way to many players for way to long, yet we always seem to be short, bonkers really.

I agree but how do we have a clear out? Apart from letting contracts run down no club will be interested in any of our players unless they are bargain basement prices. We have a handful of good assets in DCL etc. but if they go we are stuffed

I think we are at a point, were the squad all fit bar Gylfi and Tosun will contribute and they are gone in the summer, thats a start. The overall squad numbers are reducing as is the age profile and the wage to turnover looks healthier after this summer, projecting, but will be awful in the next set of accounts in Jan for 20/21. Sadly our losses are going to be a ball chain around our ankle for another three seasons, that’s presuming we aren’t in breach of the regulations which we might well be, so we might face sanctions. Else wise we have to sell to buy unfortunately unless we pull something huge commercially out of the air, I think none of us would fall of our chairs to see Richarlison move on. To be honest I think Gray was brought in with this in mind, while there seems to be a focus on developing Gordon too.

Last edited:
Yeah I know I'm not saying we spent it well. All of the teams at the top of that list have also wasted 100s of millions down the years on players and didn't have to have a period of non spending. Its grossly unfair we have to do so despite our owner wanting to invest more.

All those clubs at the top you mention have also sold players for a lot of money to somewhat balance the books. We haven’t done that, so it isn’t unfair really is it.

I think we are at a point, were the squad all fit bar Gylfi and Tosun will contribute and they are gone in the summer, thats a start. The overall squad numbers are reducing as is the age profile and the wage to turnover looks healthier after this summer, projecting, but will be awful in the next set of accounts in Jan for 20/21. Sadly our losses are going to be a ball chain around our ankle for another three seasons, that’s presuming we aren’t in breach of the regulations which we might well be, so we might face sanctions. Else wise we have to sell to buy unfortunately unless we pull something huge commercially out of the air, I think none of us would fall of our chairs to see Richarlison move on. To be honest I think Gray was brought in with this in mind, while there seems to be a focus on developing Gordon too.
It is difficult to disagree with anything you say to be honest. A truly depressing situation to be in. Well...we can keep are heads above water until the situation improves

It is difficult to disagree with anything you say to be honest. A truly depressing situation to be in. Well...we can keep are heads above water until the situation improves

In a way I’m relieved, being skint in a way sparks creativity, maybe some hungry lads breakthrough, or we get the right sort for decent fees and wages with a point to prove moving to a club of our history.

What’s worse then being skint, is us absolutely just urinating money against the wall, on players with no heart or want. I’d defo take being skint over that to be honest, it’s not what Everton are about, we were never this wasteful, even when we had a few Bob in the past, I hate that about this era of Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.