2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I would.

And the only thing 'strange' here is an Evertonian being relaxed about Liverpool winning the league.

some Evertonians enjoy Liverpool winning stuff. There’s fans of a certain age group who, probably beaten down by relentless childhood mocking from Liverpool fans, like to look all cool and hipster by how little they’re apparently affected by any other team. They oddly hate all our best players like Lukaku Stones Cahill Pienaar yet seem to get weirdly cult like about the odd few like Baines Fellaini or Siggurdson. They’re the sort of fans who moan at routine wins at home but love the ‘limbs’ if we score a consolation free kick in a loss at some away ground like Wigan. They’ll argue all day as to why Calvert Lewin isn’t very good, but then will idolise some rubbish player from the 90s that they probably didn’t even see growing up. Mainly they want to be seen to be on the ‘right’ side of the football narrative so meekly align with what the media are pumping out ‘Gerrard should be England captain’ ‘Klopp is best manager in the world’ ‘Salah is best player in the world’ ‘Alonso is the best midfielder in the world’ ‘Pickford took out Van Dijk on purpose’

They’re a strange breed but they 100 % exist. It’s like unless Everton are being managed by a Limpar Baines dream team playing in the Danka 95 away kit and only winning games through free kicks or long range worldies they’ll never be content. It’s like they’ve grown so used to hating Everton that they’ve started liking Liverpool.

If we were capable of competing for a top 4 spot then it might be considered illogical. But we aren't capable of that, so seeing Liverpool disadvantaged is entirley lofical.
12 points that could be the difference between top half or bottom half, call me crazy but I care more for what our club do in the league than what any of the Sky 6 do, our neighbors included. If none of them can win a title without needing our help, then frankly they don’t deserve anything

some Evertonians enjoy Liverpool winning stuff. There’s fans of a certain age group who, probably beaten down by relentless childhood mocking from Liverpool fans, like to look all cool and hipster by how little they’re apparently affected by any other team. They oddly hate all our best players like Lukaku Stones Cahill Pienaar yet seem to get weirdly cult like about the odd few like Baines Fellaini or Siggurdson. They’re the sort of fans who moan at routine wins at home but love the ‘limbs’ if we score a consolation free kick in a loss at some away ground like Wigan. They’ll argue all day as to why Calvert Lewin isn’t very good, but then will idolise some rubbish player from the 90s that they probably didn’t even see growing up. Mainly they want to be seen to be on the ‘right’ side of the football narrative so meekly align with what the media are pumping out ‘Gerrard should be England captain’ ‘Klopp is best manager in the world’ ‘Salah is best player in the world’ ‘Alonso is the best midfielder in the world’ ‘Pickford took out Van Dijk on purpose’

They’re a strange breed but they 100 % exist. It’s like unless Everton are being managed by a Limpar Baines dream team playing in the Danka 95 away kit and only winning games through free kicks or long range worldies they’ll never be content. It’s like they’ve grown so used to hating Everton that they’ve started liking Liverpool.
I'll never understand that attitude. Decades and decades ago there use to exist people who went to both Goodison and Anfield on alternate weeks. The Everton supporters who did that though did it as an act of patronage: knowing that were watching a club with inferior players and way of playing football but just enjoying the weekend off Everton home games with a live game. They'd never have been relaxed about Liverpool winning anything.

I just cant get my head around viewing Everton in isolation from Liverpool. That just doesn't scan for me. The reason we want Everton to win trophies and be successful is to rub their noses in it; the reason to hate seeing them winning games is to avoid our noses being rubbed in it. And you can bet they feel the same way - no matter what they say about United being their rivals. That's what football support is all about at the end of the day.

12 points that could be the difference between top half or bottom half, call me crazy but I care more for what our club do in the league than what any of the Sky 6 do, our neighbors included. If none of them can win a title without needing our help, then frankly they don’t deserve anything
Not arsed about positions that fall out of the top 4/5. It's nowhere.

8175712F-0704-4AEC-AF7E-C65B4AC6D053.jpeg
All of those having a meltdown over DCL’s HOMME+’s magazine cover should read this article listed on our front page.

DaveK is a great Everton supporter isn’t he? Disappointed if we managed to snag a win v City? Really? That’s proper embarrassing. There’s literally no point in supporting a team if you think like that. Just support whoever the RS are playing, cut out the middle man (Us)

It has nothing to do that, it’s because he knows we’re going to get utterly thrashed regardless and is just saving face. If we somehow manage to win he’ll be in the Benitez thread lording it.

Status
Not open for further replies.