2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That Burnley game where we were pretty awful for an hour until we went behind and then had a good 15 minute spell?

Brighton was excellent but that's been an outlier in terms of controlling a game.

The Burnley game was still fantastic - we scored 3 goals, Doucoure had a 4th disallowed, Gomes missed an absolute sitter which would have been 5, Townie had a 2nd wonder strike fantastically saved by Pope which could have been 6.

That 2nd half people underestimate how good it was.

The Burnley game was still fantastic - we scored 3 goals, Doucoure had a 4th disallowed, Gomes missed an absolute sitter which would have been 5, Townie had a 2nd wonder strike fantastically saved by Pope which could have been 6.

That 2nd half people underestimate how good it was.
Yeah, we looked good after we went behind. But half an hour of a game, after being crap for the first hour doesn't account to us being the best we have been in years football wise. If we had done it for a few games on the bounce then maybe, but other than Brighton, we have literally only done it I short spells, even when our strongest team has been out.

…as I feared, Benitez has become the personification of Everton. Benitez FC. Everything good is down to him & everything bad is down to him depending on which side of the fence you sit.

Manager threads rise and fall but don’t permanently sit around no1 on page 1. Sadly this one does.

It was a dreadful appointment which has made our club even sadder than it was.

…as I feared, Benitez has become the personification of Everton. Benitez FC. Everything good is down to him & everything bad is down to him depending on which side of the fence you sit.

Manager threads rise and fall but don’t permanently sit around no1 on page 1. Sadly this one does.

By the middle of Martinez’s second season the entire forum was split between plotters and cult members and it dominated absolutely everything. There will never be a unity manager for Everton, even Carlo Ancelotti had his detractors from day one. We’re either completely apathetic about a manager (Koeman, Silva) or emotions are high and people take different sides. I can’t think of a single manager we could get in now who would have universal approval

Yeah, we looked good after we went behind. But half an hour of a game, after being crap for the first hour doesn't account to us being the best we have been in years football wise. If we had done it for a few games on the bounce then maybe, but other than Brighton, we have literally only done it I short spells, even when our strongest team has been out.
The first hour of that Burnley game was the most boring hour of football I've ever seen.
Fair play to Benitez that his subs improved things but anyone who is proud of that performance has very low expectations.

Sad to see someone giving up on Everton. It is a very difficult thing to do unless you have other allegiances in football. I am sure you haven't because I can't imagine switching to Tranmere or some other club. Good luck.
No my friend , you misunderstand..
I will never give up on Everton , simply this reincarnation under Benitez.

He and Moshiri have made us the most boring , irrelevant team ( not club ) imaginable.

Eggsactly.

I think people go OTT over our performances tbh.

Being completely fair I would say:

Good performances:

Leeds (a)
Brighton (a)
Burnley (h)
Utd (a)
Southampton (h)

Average performances:

WHU (h)
Norwich (h)
Spurs (h)

Bad performances

Watford (h)
Wolves (a)
Villa (a)

Considering the key players missing and the lack of investment in the summer he's doing an alright job.

The first hour of that Burnley game was the most boring hour of football I've ever seen.
Fair play to Benitez that his subs improved things but anyone who is proud of that performance has very low expectations.

It was the first time I had ever seen a Burnley team actually play footy, it was embarrassing at times, we sat back and defended like we were the away team, Burnley were knocking it around us for fun at times.

I think people go OTT over our performances tbh.

Being completely fair I would say:

Good performances:

Leeds (a)
Brighton (a)
Burnley (h)
Utd (a)
Southampton (h)

Average performances:

WHU (h)
Norwich (h)
Spurs (h)

Bad performances

Watford (h)
Wolves (a)
Villa (a)

Considering the key players missing and the lack of investment in the summer he's doing an alright job.

The only good things about the Burnley and Southampton games mate were the the final scores, footy wise they weren't actually good performances.

By the middle of Martinez’s second season the entire forum was split between plotters and cult members and it dominated absolutely everything. There will never be a unity manager for Everton, even Carlo Ancelotti had his detractors from day one. We’re either completely apathetic about a manager (Koeman, Silva) or emotions are high and people take different sides. I can’t think of a single manager we could get in now who would have universal approval
Agree out of all the managers in the world you'll never get universal support for 1 because theres so many of them. But when Carlo walked - if youd to draw up a list of managers none of us wanted if not Universal - Benitez would be on a very, very short list with maybe 1 or 2 others. It was such an idiotic, divisive appointment from the start - It should never have happened. But Benitez never appointed himself, the fault is with the person that appointed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.