2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

In many ways we need that game.

A watershed game where we look at it afterwards and say "never again". Just the whole lot of it, not just the manager but everything, a true nadir for us.

I don't want it to happen of course, I always want us to win but if we get hammered and with everything else attached to this game there will be a few people waking up to our current plight who have been sleepwalking into oblivion.
If this nadir wasn't seen after we lost to liverpools under 12s in an FA cup where they clearly wanted to lose, then I don't know how there could be another one!

We need to stop these short term appointments and go back to the moyes years of 5 year plans, bring in someone that’ll instill a style and ‘philosophy’ to the club and give the fanbase something to get behind. Have a good clearout from top to bottom aswell because it’s clear the clubs rotten right through.

And for the love of Jesus keep the space cadet Moshiri away from all footballing decisions

I don't think there's anybody who would be attracted to us at this moment and actually be better than Benitez. They'll give it to Ferguson till the end of the season after Brentford or after derby IMO.

They aint sacking Benitez as it will near enough guarantee we'll break the PL rules on profit/loss and end up with a fine/points deduction.

Benitez is on 8m p/a and has 18 months left on his deal + his backroom staff.

Work out the cost of sacking him and his bhoys off when we could only afford to spend £1.7m in the summer.

Add to that no one will take this job on at present who's any decent so will be left scraping around the bargain bin for failures like Lampard & Pulis.

Im backing the fella to turn it around once the injuries are back.

I don't think there's anybody who would be attracted to us at this moment and actually be better than Benitez. They'll give it to Ferguson till the end of the season after Brentford or after derby IMO.
They can give it to him permanently then when we are in the Championship.

the-end-is-nigh-sign-on-a-sandwich-board-1986-shutterstock-editorial-127670d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.