Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not blaming manager after manager ffs

Sunderland appointed loads of poor managers to go with their poor players

We've done that, bar Ancelotti, but Ancelotti didn't know how to operate at this level.

We've then gone and appointed another poor manager.

This squad is bad but it's not *this* bad. We should not be getting outplayed by every team we come up against.

We are pointing blame at the players, nobody is saying they're friggin good. But the manager is the one who is paid to get those players working well and together and in some form of coherent system.

You were banging the drum like me last season when Ancelotti was underperforming. I don't understand why you've gone balls deep on Benitez.

I've said that for years and I think I came to the conclusion that the squad literally is that bad when 3x time CL winner Ancelotti had us 10th & 12th.

I think our fanbase naturally over rate our own squad - outside of about 6 players the rest are bang average.

Moshiri is to blame for deliberately going against fan opinion on this. He is where a lot of the criticism should be focused.

And it is. Fed up of people - especially on pods/channels I've been on too - going 'we need to scrutinise the board'.

We literally are, we all are. This decision to appoint Benitez is just another example of how crap they are.

Moshiri ultimately owns the club. So he can, to an extent, do as he pleases. It's not good because he clearly doesn't have a clue. He's put money in but he doesn't have a clue and he either doesn't let the people he's appointed to run the club do their jobs or they're just as clueless as he is.

Not having a dig at your post mate, I fully agree with it btw

I've said that for years and I think I came to the conclusion that the squad literally is that bad when 3x time CL winner Ancelotti had us 10th & 12th.

I think our fanbase naturally over rate our own squad - outside of about 6 players the rest are bang average.
We shouldn't have finished 10th last season though. We pretty much had Europe guaranteed by late March. The fall off was ludicrous but 4 points from 6 easily winable home games and we'd have been 7th

Moshiri is to blame for deliberately going against fan opinion on this. He is where a lot of the criticism should be focused.

It was a stupid appointment given fan opinion but had we got one of the other names in the frame (Nuno etc) and gave him 1.5 million quid to spend on a squad that finished 10th last season (and with our goalscorer injured all season so far pretty much), would we be much better off right now?

all well and good if true

but none of those people set us up in the way Benitez does or are responsible for the tactics and approaches during matches.
Yes fair enough but they realize he has been dealt a poor squad. Benitez also isn't happy at being forced to have certain people on his staff. The board are looking to rectify this.

Dyche. He's an organiser which is exactly the manager we need and thought Fat Arse would be. 3 year deal, see where he can get us. Anything but more of this.
Always thought Dyche was underrated given the job he does every year, and often a bit patronized by the "sky favourties only" media snobs. That said, for all the organization he might bring, it certainly wouldn't be Barcelona football as we whack the ball up to 2 big battering rams up front.

It was a stupid appointment given fan opinion but had we got one of the other names in the frame (Nuno etc) and gave him 1.5 million quid to spend on a squad that finished 10th last season (and with our goalscorer injured all season so far pretty much), would we be much better off right now?
No.

Over the last seven league games, Everton are...

Team
Everton
PL Rank (Last 7 MDs)
Possession​
39.5​
17th​
Shots, Total (inc. Blocks)​
86​
equal 11th​
Shots, on Target​
21​
equal 18th​
Goals​
4​
equal 20th​
Expected Goals​
7.58​
14th​

Absolutely.

It's not Benitez's fault we are crap, it also won't be Benitez's fault when he gets sacked for our rubbish run of form nut we need a manager people can get behind so needs must...

Status
Not open for further replies.